bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
NetherlandsRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 
Speaks: Dutch, French*, English*, German, Spanish, Russian

Message 17 of 51
16 March 2010 at 5:35am | IP Logged 
I feel like going to the book store to check out some language books. Just to dabble withth on the side. Either Romanian, Portuguese, German or Turkish. I can´t decide which. I´ve been only reviewing/studying Russian for the past 2 months roughly and just need something for the side to take a break for a week. Or well just something for the side for a week after Russian heh. In terms of Russian I find myself being able to construct more phrases now with my friends which is a nice feeling.
Tomorrow or Saturday I will go to the book store since I have two mid terms so will be too busy.

Edited by bramsterdam on 16 March 2010 at 5:36am

1 person has voted this message useful

bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 

Message 18 of 51
19 March 2010 at 2:35am | IP Logged 
I went to the bookstore today and bought a German-English dictionary as well as a Living Languages course book for German. Since there were no books about Turkish or Romanian (unfortunately). So I have this and Pimsleur German to dabble with a bit but my main focus is Russian of course.

I´ve gone through Pimsleur II lessons 25-30 in Russian. I´ve been trying to focus on the New Penguin book more and trying to get LingQ exercises to go with it. I just need to practice more often speaking it I think.

Saturday I´m going to devote the whole day if possible to Chapters 10-15 of the New Penguin book. Possibly will also look at a bit of German we´ll see..

bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 

Message 19 of 51
30 March 2010 at 6:48am | IP Logged 
Ok well I´m up to chapter 15 of the Penguin Book. I´ve been still reviewing some Pimsleur lessons. Also going through a few LingQ convos.

It´s going well, I love Russian, a lot. There´s just soo many grammar rules!!

Ah I havn´t really looked at German yet just a few sentences and it seems really easy considering I speak Dutch and would be a lot easier than Russian to learn but yeah, want to get a good basis for August to go to Kazakhstan and just to speak with friends.

Edited by bramsterdam on 30 March 2010 at 9:21am

bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 

Message 20 of 51
01 April 2010 at 10:06pm | IP Logged 
Also, sorry I havn´t been updating as frequently as others. I noticed joan´s thread is up to like 18 pages while mine´s still at 3 haha. During the week I´m just busy with university things and when I´m not I try to study Russian and only go on the computer every few days usually.

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5268 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, German

Message 21 of 51
04 April 2010 at 10:38pm | IP Logged 
Actually I think Sprachjunge's is even longer, but you arrived late and besides your progress and your learning methods are what matter, and how you tell about them in your log, not the number of posts or whether you post every day.

bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 

Message 22 of 51
10 April 2010 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
This week I got a good amount of practice in, not really much studying but just practice speaking every day with some friends in Russian.

Also bought a TY Complete German yesterday since it was cheap and I have been looking for it for a while.

bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 

Message 23 of 51
15 April 2010 at 11:40pm | IP Logged 
I have my finals coming up this week/next 2 weeks. I will probably be away for that time but when I get back I will have an update and I forecast May-July being very productive since I will have a lot lighter work load for university and will be able to practice/study everyday so all the best to you guys wish me luck for exams!

bramsterdam
Bilingual Hexaglot
Joined 5225 days ago

106 posts - 113 votes 

Message 24 of 51
17 April 2010 at 8:55am | IP Logged 
Oh yeah, and to everyone reading this : Teach Yourself series kind of suck. The Complete German TY I bought I´m pretty disappointed with, granted though it was only 12$ so not too big of a loss..

This discussion contains 51 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version