Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Languages suited to ones personality

Tags: Personality
 Language Learning Forum : Cultural Experiences in Foreign Languages (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
21 messages over 3 pages: 1 2
Spanky
Canada
Joined 5765 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 17 of 21
16 March 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged 
malakhim wrote:

In any event, I am very surprised that it is still considered okay to use "gay" as a
negative reference.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think many people would appreciate you and others like you trying to dictate how
we speak.

In fact many people in America and Western Europe are sick and tired of militant
minorities like yourself relentlessly pushing their orientation and lifestyle in our
faces. We are just not going to accept a way of life which isnt natural nor normal.
Period.

[/QUOTE]

Wow.   I repeat, wow.   

I do not propose to engage in a discussion with you.

But I am morbidly curious - in what way do you imagine I am a minority, or have an
orientation or lifestyle that is any different than your own?   I am a middle-aged,
white, straight, English-speaking person of European descent living in Canada.   

Edited by Spanky on 16 March 2011 at 5:48pm

5 persons have voted this message useful

lingoleng
Germany
Joined 5107 days ago

605 posts - 1290 votes 

Message 18 of 21
16 March 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged 
malakhim wrote:
In fact many people in America and Western Europe are sick and tired of militant minorities like yourself relentlessly pushing their orientation and lifestyle in our faces. We are just not going to accept a way of life which is neither natural nor normal. Period.

I can only hope you get banned pretty soon.

Edited by lingoleng on 16 March 2011 at 5:48pm

12 persons have voted this message useful

malakhim
Triglot
United States
Joined 4811 days ago

23 posts - 33 votes
Speaks: English*, Japanese, SpanishB2
Studies: Turkish

Message 19 of 21
16 March 2011 at 5:56pm | IP Logged 
lingoleng wrote:
malakhim wrote:
In fact many people in America and Western Europe are sick and tired of militant minorities like yourself relentlessly pushing their orientation and lifestyle in our faces. We are just not going to accept a way of life which is neither natural nor normal. Period.

I can only hope you get banned pretty soon.

Unlike you, I wouldnt wish banning upon anyone.

That is because I believe that people have a right to express their opinions. Not just regurgitate only the deemed "politically acceptable" crap that we have to live with today!
4 persons have voted this message useful

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4939 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 20 of 21
16 March 2011 at 5:59pm | IP Logged 
malakhim wrote:

In fact many people in America and Western Europe are sick and tired of BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Reported.

You may not be aware of this - I see you just registered yesterday - but hate isn't something we need or want around here.

R.
==
9 persons have voted this message useful

meramarina
Diglot
United States
Joined 5776 days ago

1341 posts - 2303 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: German, Italian, French
Personal Language Map

Message 21 of 21
16 March 2011 at 6:03pm | IP Logged 
This discussion is no longer about learning languages. Enough.

Malakhim, your posts are disruptive and we are receiving a number of legitimate complaints. Please review the forum rules, because if this continues we will have to deactivate your account.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 21 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version