Lone_Wolf
Groupie
United States
Joined 5101 days ago

60 posts - 117 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 41 of 41
14 May 2013 at 2:34am | IP Logged 
Anyone here who is studying Modern Standard Arabic and is attracted to Luca's method, it is already laid out for you in the book Arabic:An Essential Grammar

There are TWO types of exercises in that book; Sentences translated from Arabic to English and sentences to be translated from English to Arabic. The only thing I can think of that one may want to do differently is to place their translation exercises on the schedule that Luca suggests.

Something that many may find helpful is that each Arabic word in the Arabic to English translation sentences are numbered and those same numbers are also attached to the corresponding English Equivalents to make it so you do not have to look up the Arabic words in a dictionary and I do think this makes it easier for a person to do the translation exercises (according to Luca's suggestion).

Should work great with this methodology.

Edited by Lone_Wolf on 14 May 2013 at 12:55pm

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 41 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version