Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

6 Week Challenge in May?

Language Learning Forum : General discussion (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
220 messages over 28 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 ... 27 28 Next >>
psy88
United States
Joined 5471 days ago

469 posts - 882 votes 
Studies: Spanish*, Japanese, Latin, French

Message 201 of 220
21 June 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged 
I think if you get too caught up in winning, you miss the whole idea. I was never an "official" entrant but liked the idea of the "challenge". I challenged my toughest opponent- myself. Unfortunately, I neglected my second target language during the 6 weeks but now plan to do another blitz/intensive to make up for it. The challenge showed me how much I could accomplish when I really devoted my time and energy to it. To me, that is more important than what others accomplished. I do, however, admire and applaud those who excelled beyond my efforts.
4 persons have voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6350 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 202 of 220
26 June 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged 
It's awesome to look at the sign-up list for the
Tadoku Challenge and recognize names from the 6 Week Challenge. amy_burr, AnyaPop and
JPP4, will you dominate this challenge as well?

Edited by Sprachprofi on 26 June 2011 at 2:57pm

1 person has voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5138 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 203 of 220
26 June 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged 
I am amy_burr and no I probably won't because I have less time for this than I did for
the last one, but I will do as much as I can! And also I might be doing another challenge
at the same time...so that might be kind of a problem. What can I say, I am addicted to
these now!

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6350 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 204 of 220
26 June 2011 at 9:29pm | IP Logged 
zecchino1991 wrote:
And also I might be doing another challenge
at the same time...so that might be kind of a problem. What can I say, I am addicted to
these now!

What other challenge? *tries not to look too eager*

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5138 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 205 of 220
27 June 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged 
Someone on Youtube is doing a French challenge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfG0XHohiwc&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTbqfVequ2Y&feature=feedu

I think I'll do it. My French is terrible and I would feel bad if I forgot all the French
I learned at school.

hjordis
United States
snapshotsoftheworld.
Joined 5066 days ago

209 posts - 264 votes 
Studies: French, German, Spanish, Japanese

Message 206 of 220
27 June 2011 at 8:19am | IP Logged 
Unfortunately I had too much going on for this. I started school full time and work part time, which became full time, as well as having things I had to study on my own. However, in the time I studied I got a good introduction to Indonesian and plan to come back to it at some point in the (probably distant) future.

For now, I will be doing the Tadoku challenge. One of the other things I have to study is Japanese, especially reading, and I need to do that until the end of July, so the timing is perfect. I have a short break from classes in August, and I will no longer need to study my other things, so I will probably join the next 6 week challenge, this time for French. I've been meaning to improve my French for a few years now. I'm looking forward to it. :)

zekecoma
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5224 days ago

561 posts - 655 votes 
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 207 of 220
27 June 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged 
zecchino1991 wrote:
Someone on Youtube is doing a French challenge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfG0XHohiwc&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTbqfVequ2Y&feature=feedu

I think I'll do it. My French is terrible and I would feel bad if I forgot all the French
I learned at school.

Yeah, I think I'm going to attempt my best at doing that French challenge. It can't hurt.

nerxs
Triglot
Belgium
Joined 4852 days ago

4 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: German*, English, French
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Latin

Message 208 of 220
27 June 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged 
Even I have lost my spin at the beginning of the last challenge I would like to take part in the next 6 week challenge.
Is there already a new thread for it? @sprachprofi Is it going to start in August or haven't you decided yet?

This discussion contains 220 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version