Diglot
United States
Joined 5163 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 89 of 93
11 August 2014 at 2:08am | IP Logged 
Alberto - I wish I knew about your videos when I was learning Spanish.

In terms of your pronunciation of English, I would not worry about it at all. You, of course, have an accent, but you sound fine and totally understandable. There were very few things I noticed.

The only word I could not understand was "literature". I could not understand what you were saying until I saw the word in the video.

In many words you put the emphasis/accent on the wrong syllable, particularly longer words. Stamina, beginner, intermediate, paragraph. The way you say intermediate is quite difficult to understand and I probably would not have understood it but for the fact that I could see the word and it was obvious what you were going to say after beginner.

Also, at one point you used the word "childs" for the plural of child instead of "children."

I am not being critical. I think your English is great. I appreciate the effort you put into making your language learning videos.
2 persons have voted this message useful

slucido
Bilingual Diglot
Spain
https://goo.gl/126Yv
Joined 6463 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, Catalan*
Studies: English

Message 90 of 93
11 August 2014 at 5:41pm | IP Logged 
James29 wrote:
Alberto - I wish I knew about your videos when I was learning Spanish.

In terms of your pronunciation of English, I would not worry about it at all. You, of course, have an accent, but you sound fine and totally understandable. There were very few things I noticed.

The only word I could not understand was "literature". I could not understand what you were saying until I saw the word in the video.

In many words you put the emphasis/accent on the wrong syllable, particularly longer words. Stamina, beginner, intermediate, paragraph. The way you say intermediate is quite difficult to understand and I probably would not have understood it but for the fact that I could see the word and it was obvious what you were going to say after beginner.

Also, at one point you used the word "childs" for the plural of child instead of "children."

I am not being critical. I think your English is great. I appreciate the effort you put into making your language learning videos.

You are very kind. I don't have opportunities to speak English and you gave me feedback about my pronunciation. Your comments are very useful for me. I need this kind of advice. Thank you.

1 person has voted this message useful

slucido
Bilingual Diglot
Spain
Joined 6463 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds

Message 91 of 93
12 August 2014 at 10:32am | IP Logged 
Here you have a new post with its Spanish translation.

My struggle with language learning

I hope you find it useful.

slucido
Bilingual Diglot
Spain
Joined 6463 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds

Message 92 of 93
14 August 2014 at 12:52pm | IP Logged 
If you are learning Spanish, you can practice the Listening-Reading method with this video. I read aloud a Wikipedia article about YouTube.

Learning Spanish: YouTube article (Listening-Reading Method)

slucido
Bilingual Diglot
Spain
Joined 6463 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds

Message 93 of 93
17 August 2014 at 10:52pm | IP Logged 
English text I translate in Spanish. Text in English and audio in Spanish.
At the end I read a short Spanish text.

Learning Spanish: Wikijunior Languages (Listening-Reading)

I hope it is helpful.

Edited by slucido on 17 August 2014 at 10:53pm

This discussion contains 93 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version