80 messages over 10 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 10
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 73 of 80
20 January 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged 
I have to prepare myself for: oral Russian test, Slovenian test, probably this f***ing Bulgarian test and, a little bit further in the future (but not THAT much further) - Croatian. So, I haven't got much time for "free" learning - so nothing more than some bits. Today, for example: listening to the Slovenian news and this awful (I mean, awful, because it's mostly for payable subscription) Slow Italian. And probably another episode of Glee.
1 person has voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 74 of 80
31 January 2014 at 5:56pm | IP Logged 
Recently I've read that it's better NOT to tell about your plans because it gives a wrong signal to your brain or sth like that, so... I've changed my tactics a bit and I'll be informing you AFTER, not before. So - I'm after my Croatian exam. It wasn't bad, although again - GRAMMAR. I really don't know how to learn grammar. You can easily put vocabulary to Anki, but with grammar rules (sometimes) it becomes more difficult. And when I read it in the book - it's almost like reading a plain page.
Oh, and I've finally written my very first entry in Georgian.

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 75 of 80
08 February 2014 at 8:32pm | IP Logged 
Yay, I have a honourable last place in the 6 Week Challenge. Congratulations, prz_!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 76 of 80
08 February 2014 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
You have no reason to be dissatisfied with your performance. You are doing better than most. I am rooting for
you, anyhow :-)

Do you happen to know what the ending -schwili, common in Georgian family names mean? Is it the
Georgian version of "son of"?

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 77 of 80
10 February 2014 at 10:31pm | IP Logged 
Ok, finally not last. Now I promise, I'll be better.
And შვილი basically means "son" :) .

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 78 of 80
22 February 2014 at 10:49am | IP Logged 
How to shadow when your throat hurts? :?

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 79 of 80
24 February 2014 at 11:30pm | IP Logged 
Ok, my throat doesn't hurt anymore... I hope so.
So, as I've informed you, I've started shadowing. Mostly with Assimil, but also with Beginner's Georgian and Hugo: Dutch In 3 Months. I have to say that shadowing in Georgian is extremely hard, but well... It's time to say no (or maybe yes?) to impossible. Every language is doable!

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4653 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 80 of 80
19 December 2015 at 10:39pm | IP Logged 
Hello guys...
I haven't written anything for almost 2 years... The reasons have been various, really. Studies, emotional breakdowns, some other activities and still rapidly growing Facebook domination. Yeah,

So, what's up? Well. Not many positive news at the moment, but trying to be a bit optimistic... I've got into masters studies in Croatian language, sort of skipping Bulgarian... Not that I want to forget the language at all, but it was a second choice from the beggining. And since there's been a possibility to enter through the back door...
I've come back to Iranian studies, being a third year student now - so, bachelor thesis is one of my priorities right now. Still learning Persian + attending Turkish classes as an auditor - or, as we say in Polish, "free listener". As a second language at Croatian studies I've chosen Macedonian, although I think about the student exchange in Ljubljana. So much of a paradox? Not that much :) There's no third year group for Slovenian and I've already attended the classes for 2,5 years, so... At the Iranian studies I have Armenian and Kurmanji Kurdish. I'ts hard to get used with these ezafes in Kurdish - in Persian it's much easier... As same as it is with the listening... Or maybe it's because I've just had only 2 months of Kurdish. When it comes to Armenian, I don't know why, but even if Armenian is an Indo-European language, Georgian was a bit easier for me (well, also hard, but it's rather due to my states of mind), I don't know why.
As for now I don't do anything more (well, I generally don't do much...). However, I know I have to do something with English. It's a shame that another people, who speak much worse than me, write CAE exams. Well, but they have money for the courses that I don't and I don't have motivation and (usually) good mood as well... And, generally, recently I've become really disappointed when it comes to my knowledge of languages. Instead of my (really slow, but well, still) progress, I only see how much I do NOT know. Well. Next months will be full of hard work and not only when it comes to the languages, but also searching for a job and some other stuff. Well, you can always cross your fingers.

P.S. Is there anyone from the old pack still here?

This discussion contains 80 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version