80 messages over 10 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 10 Next >>
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 65 of 80
05 January 2014 at 1:41am | IP Logged 
Ok, what I've been doing during the weekend...:
- adding some Georgian words to Anki
- practicing

And if it comes to Slavic languages:
- Georgian helps me a lot with... Russian. Since my main самоучитель is in Russian, I get to know new Russian words. 2 in 1. Excellent
- I've finally come back to adding words from my Croatian lessons. I hope I'll succeed to the 7.01, when the lessons will be back

Oh, and... don't know for what, but I've translated (+ added the words to Anki) four paragraphs in Tajik about one mufti, who was caught at the erotic (I guess?) video. Eh... It seems that I miss both Farsi and Tajik...

I hope I'll do much more today. The only problem is that I wake up quite late and my day begins (even if accidentally I wake up earlier) somewhere around 11-12 PM. And when it's already late I don't have that much power to learn...
1 person has voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 66 of 80
06 January 2014 at 1:11am | IP Logged 
What today? Eh, not much. I've learned some Georgian letters, reviewed some others, I wrote + I've started watching, with Swedish subtitles... Glee. Yeaaah... I have a very ambiguous attitude towards this series, nevertheless - music can rescue anything in my eyes (and especially ears).
My postulates:
- go to bad earlier
- and then wake up earlier
- finally learn the whole Georgian alphabeat, because without it learning the new words is ineffectual
2 persons have voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 67 of 80
12 January 2014 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
Time for a weekly update.
So, I've gathered speed in learning. I'm not a runaway stage yet, but... all in good time.
I've been working the most with my Georgian. Finally, I manage to recognize the letters in most of the times and I know a few dozens of words. Although I must say that sometimes I have to be patient and learn the words 3 times (I mean, in 3 Anki sessions). And learning them in a tram is actually not the best idea...
What else... Croatian. I've come back to adding the words to Anki from my Croatian lessons. Tomorrow it seems that I'll have a short oral test and I really wonder how I'll cope with that.
Swedish... still watching Glee with subtitles. Actually it contains quite useful vocabulary, so adding the words to Anki is very beneficial for me. The only problem is that new words in notebook are appearing much faster than these with Polish/English translation in Anki...
English. Me and my (Polish) friend have started to converse in English, but I'm not sure how long this idea will be preserved. Besides I was listening to the following podcasts:
China-Africa 2013/2014: Year in Review and Preview
BBC Trending: Terrorist puppet?
English At Work: Prepare for take off - actually these episodes are a bit below my level, but it's a nice start to the business English.
But, to be honest, I still don't know what to do with my English. Ironically, it's the language with the greatest number of courses available, however... Maybe that's the problem. If anyone has an idea, you're welcome.
I've tried listening to BBC Radio Select podcast in Persian but I've failed - I've forgotten a lot. I'd really like to come back to Farsi, but when will I find the time for that? :?
With Macedonian it was, of course, much better, even after quite long break too. I watched on MRT1:
- Дора истражува :D (http://vimeo.com/60016383)
- Вести
- Танц со ѕвездите
(what a choice...).
Last but not least, I've started learning with this wonderful Russian Podcast. Probably the best podcast for learning languages I've ever seen.

+ radiostations listened during last week:
HRT1 (Croatia)
BiH Radio (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Радио России (Russia)
RTÉ 1 (Ireland)

Not that bad actually.

Edited by prz_ on 12 January 2014 at 5:04pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4968 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 68 of 80
12 January 2014 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
Well done, prz . You see, Georgian is addictive.

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 69 of 80
12 January 2014 at 10:53pm | IP Logged 
Until you reach plateau. The thing is that in this case it won't happen soon.
On the other hand, today I've done almost nothing :| Now I'll try to rescue the rest of the day that has left and I'll write some words to Anki. And, of course, Glee mode on.

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 70 of 80
14 January 2014 at 10:53pm | IP Logged 
For today:
- added 100 something words to Anki
- some work with Georgian (Samouchitel' gruz. yazyka, Beginner's Georgian, Nikolaishvili's book, Аудиоуроки Geo*words). I've made an intro to the Georgian numbers, but I'll practice this during the next few days
- some listening revise of Swedish
And I guess that's all for now...

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 71 of 80
15 January 2014 at 10:57pm | IP Logged 
For today:
- watching Ирония судьбы, или С лёгким паром! and Ирония судьбы. Продолжение (overally almost 5 hours!)
- adding some Swedish, Croatian and Georgian words to Anki
- revising Swedish and Croatian flashcards
- and for the evening - the episode of Andra avenyn and the episode of Glee.

Edited by prz_ on 15 January 2014 at 10:58pm

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4661 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 72 of 80
19 January 2014 at 12:14am | IP Logged 
Meh. It's kinda irritating, when you spend quite much time on learning and you don't achieve much... I have like 55 pages (or even more) of excercises in Russian for Wednesday and I've done only 5... Not a good prognostic.
Generally I've done a bit here and a bit there, but I'm not really satisfied of myself.

This discussion contains 80 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version