Italy
Joined 3734 days ago

11 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: Italian*
Studies: English, German

Message 17 of 20
13 February 2014 at 8:28am | IP Logged 
There are few resources out there.In case anyone is still interested,
I found a big book by Giovanni Vitale called "Dialetto Napoletano. Manuale di scrittura e di dizione" its' a 864 pages long work about neapolitan. It deals with pronunciation and writing, and It also offers tons of real-world and literature examples.
+
Iandolo, Carlo- " 'A lengua 'e Pulecenella "
A very well done standard grammar book

Edited by chiagnology on 13 February 2014 at 8:29am

1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 18 of 20
13 February 2014 at 3:11pm | IP Logged 
I don't even support Napoli but I want to visit their home match at San Paolo just to sing O surdato nnamurato together with the whole stadium.

I'd also love to hear Auriemma speaking real Neapolitan...

chiagnology
Italy
Joined 3734 days ago

11 posts - 13 votes
Speaks: Italian*
Studies: English, German

Message 19 of 20
13 February 2014 at 5:39pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
I don't even support Napoli but I want to visit their home match at San Paolo just to sing O surdato nnamurato together with the whole stadium.

I'd also love to hear Auriemma speaking real Neapolitan...

ahaha one thing to do before you die, agree with you. Neapolitans get really passionate about football. They are able to infect you with their euphoria :)

Saim
Pentaglot
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4877 days ago

124 posts - 215 votes 
Speaks: Serbo-Croatian, English*, Catalan, Spanish, Polish
Studies: Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Occitan, Punjabi, Urdu, Arabic (Maghribi), French, Modern Hebrew, Ukrainian, Slovenian

Message 20 of 20
13 March 2014 at 4:20pm | IP Logged 
Rykketid wrote:

Hi, some of them are considered languages, others are considered dialects...

All varieties are dialects and languages at the same time. It's not that sometimes you speak "dialect" and other times you speak "language". Speech exists in variation ("dialects", "varieties") that we can try and fit into broader categories ("languages", "dialect groups").

Quote:
As for Neapolitan, it was
recently "upgraded" to the status of language furthermore it is a UNESCO World Heritage
(!).

"Language" isn't a "higher" status than "dialect". A dialect is just a part of a language, no more no less. In that sense, Neapolitan, Italian/Tuscan (whether this includes Corsican and Romanesque or if we put them in separate categories) and Sicilian are all dialects or dialect groupings of the Italo-Dalmation language continuum.

This discussion contains 20 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 1 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version