Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5122 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 18 of 46
09 December 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged 
Sorry Serpent, I did not mean to ruin your enthusiasm. I am just an old sceptic, so don't listen to me
anyhow. My sister is a firm believer in healing, acupuncture, foot sone therapy, and gets her blood analyzed
and has therefore stopped eating half of the food you serve in Norway. I am happy for her, and for all those
that works for. The same goes for this hormone thing. If it works for you, that is what counts. Never mind
what the rest of us say. Just be happy that you have found a good system for yourself :-)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 19 of 46
09 December 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged 
Ah but I'd be even happier if I helped someone discover this :-)
I'm going to ask if there was even a single person who wrote them saying she's been tracking and has not found any optimum times whatsoever. I don't believe this is possible.

Edited by Serpent on 09 December 2011 at 12:17pm

1 person has voted this message useful

floydak
Tetraglot
Groupie
Slovakia
Joined 4642 days ago

60 posts - 85 votes 
Speaks: Slovak*, English, German, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 20 of 46
09 December 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged 
if this works, then it works becouse you believe in it.

it sounds to me like same kind of things with merely placebo effects like Solfrid Cristin
mentioned. (acupuncture,homeopatia,crystals and other kinds of new age stuff)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 21 of 46
09 December 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged 
No way.
If it's still not clear, that's not a pre-defined system, but rather you're encouraged to find out what YOU can do well in this or that phase of the cycle. my experience doesn't always match the articles but in my fifth cycle i can TOTALLY say that my life is cyclic.
as a male with a 24h hormone cycle, do you really think it's just a tradition that people work in the morning, when testosterone is at its highest? of course we females get labelled as inconsistent, our hormones are different.

and acupuncture being placebo and new age... can i just say lol? (:

Edited by Serpent on 09 December 2011 at 12:35pm

floydak
Tetraglot
Groupie
Slovakia
Joined 4642 days ago

60 posts - 85 votes 
Speaks: Slovak*, English, German, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 22 of 46
09 December 2011 at 12:43pm | IP Logged 
admitting, acupuncture was bad example. it's not new age, however that placebo effect
might be correct.

for more information: http://www.skepdic.com/acupuncture.html

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5122 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 23 of 46
09 December 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged 
Well since I am not really efficient at work until 5 in the afternoon, but am super efficient with housework in
the morning, I am perfectly willing to believe that " normal working hours" are better adapted to men. I do
not claim that acupuncture is placebo or new age, I know it works for a lot of people. It just would not work
for me, as I would have to be sedated or knocked unconscious before I'd let anyone stick needles in me. I
will however not claim that anything is wrong just because I do not believe in it. You may be perfectly right
Serpent, and you have seen it work for you. I am sure that there will be others who find such a pattern too
if they start noting which times they prefer to do different language activities.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 24 of 46
09 December 2011 at 5:45pm | IP Logged 
as the topic of new year resolutions was brought up in the TAC thread: http://www.optimizedwoman.com/womens-lifecoaching-article-re solutions.html

also now that i think of it, the fancy 120 £ course is basically she giving you stuff to read and practically trying to figure out what YOUR optimum times are. if anyone wants, i can do this for free hehe. like seriously, it would be a fun experiment to analyze a detailed language learning log:D

This discussion contains 46 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version