18 messages over 3 pages: 13  Next >>
Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5494 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 9 of 18
27 December 2011 at 5:11am | IP Logged 
Whoops, I completely forgot about this thread and just sent you both a message about creating one – never mind that message! I guess I somehow got unsubscribed from this thread's updates – have to fix that. :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Alexander86
Tetraglot
United Kingdom
alanguagediary.blogs
Joined 4782 days ago

224 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German, Catalan
Studies: Swedish

Message 10 of 18
01 January 2012 at 5:22pm | IP Logged 
New Years Day

I've read a little of ara.cat - a website I often peruse for Catalan practice. What does everyone else read?

Alexander86
Tetraglot
United Kingdom
alanguagediary.blogs
Joined 4782 days ago

224 posts - 323 votes 

Message 11 of 18
05 January 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged 
I'll be off to Catalunya in a couple of weeks and I hope to not only practise a lot of Catalan (and Spanish) but also
pick up resources for the rest of the year, such as magazines and books. I'm there for a week which should allow
me plenty of time to hear, see, read and speak both languages. One thing I wonder is how best to spend my time. I
realise I'm lucky to have any time in my target language(s) country and that makes me really want to spend it well. I
guess I'll try and watch the news every morning and evening, listen and partake in as many conversations as
possible and read everything I can get my hands on in Catalan, because I'm already advanced in Spanish. This week
will act as the catalyst for my Catalan studies as when I get back my Catalan classes will start for the next
semester, which is judicious timing. Now all I have to do is go!

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6004 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Written), French

Message 12 of 18
06 January 2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged 
Bon viatge! On vas a Catalunya? El teu pla per aprofitar el temps a Catalunya em sembla molt bé!

Pel que fa a la lectura, jo normalment llegeixo diaris andorrans, simplement perquè són més pertinents a la meva vida. Però també m'agrada El Periódico, que té una edició en català.

B_Hutt
United States
Joined 4757 days ago

32 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 13 of 18
07 January 2012 at 5:38pm | IP Logged 
I'm not on your team, but good luck! My boyfriend's mom is from Barcelona so he and his siblings all have a decent grasp on it- it's such an interesting language to see/ hear!

Alexander86
Tetraglot
United Kingdom
alanguagediary.blogs
Joined 4782 days ago

224 posts - 323 votes 

Message 14 of 18
07 January 2012 at 6:55pm | IP Logged 
Vaig a Barcelona, com sempre (la meva dona és de Barcelona), i vaig a passar-me el temps llegint i estudiant =)
M'agrada molt El Periòdic de Catalunya perque es tan fàcil de llegir, però també llegeixo L'Avenç, que és més
complicat. Espero comprar-me uns llibres, però no sé quins.

@B_Hutt - It is indeed a lovely language to hear, so soft and melodious, which is exactly how I hope to sound after
this year! Thanks for the support to our twee Catalan group.

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5494 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 15 of 18
12 January 2012 at 3:31pm | IP Logged 
Alexander86 wrote:
Jinx, quin curs fas a la universitat, com quin nivell i tal i quants anys? No sé del teu llibre 'Veus' i ara de moment
faig 'Teach Yourself Catalan' que em sembla bé. Dec estudiar una mica ara!

Hola Alexander, faig un curs per a principiants que es diu "Sprachkompetenz Katalanisch I" (s'ensenya en alemany). És un curs gratuït de la meva universitat a Leipzig. És només per un semestre, pero pot continuar cada semestre si vull. Jo també he "TY Catalan" i he sentit que és bo. Crec que el professor Arguelles va dir que Assimil Català és també molt ben fet.

Sorry for the delayed answer, I'm still not getting notifications for this thread... odd, that. If anyone gets the chance to correct my Catalan above, it would be much appreciated!

(P.S. Have fun in Barcelona, you lucky duck!)

Edited by Jinx on 12 January 2012 at 3:33pm

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6957 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 16 of 18
21 July 2012 at 5:49am | IP Logged 
*cue start of (another) Public Service Announcement*

I recently stumbled on a big collection of texts from Logos that was just too good to keep in relative anonymity in my log or the "Links and Resources" sub-forum. I think that the links could be handy for any of you who want some practice with L-R or to have another source of texts in your target language(s).

For your purposes, here are the links to the material in Catalan.

Click on the row of letters above the titles to get texts whose title starts with that letter. Texts with accompanying audio have a little blue speaker beside the title.

*cue end of Public Service Announcement*

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 18 messages over 3 pages: << Prev 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version