140 messages over 18 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 ... 17 18 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6393 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 121 of 140
09 November 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged 
A great thing about Dutch is that it's available at lyricstraining. My faves are Helikopter, De Waarheid and Armen Open. ♥

as for your Spanish goal, you're very welcome in the consistency thread :))) and enjoy Germany!!!
1 person has voted this message useful

Hekje
Diglot
United States
Joined 4499 days ago

842 posts - 1330 votes 
Speaks: English*, Dutch
Studies: French, Indonesian

Message 122 of 140
11 November 2013 at 1:04am | IP Logged 
Hoi Julie, echt leuk om je vooruitgang te volgen! Ik vind Blof ook heel leuk. Mijn
favoriete liedje is 'Was Je Maar Hier'. :-)

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4511 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 123 of 140
11 November 2013 at 1:10am | IP Logged 
Ahhh leuk! Ik hou ook van Blof =) Mijn favoriete liedjes zijn "Later Als Ik Groter Ben" en "Zo Stil" =)

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 4967 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Polish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Russian

Message 124 of 140
14 November 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged 
Julie, after the 21st would be great! I am hoping to be slightly less busy by then as well.

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6699 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 125 of 140
23 November 2013 at 10:30pm | IP Logged 
Unfortunately, I'll probably give up on this 6WC: first there were problems with the bot, and then I left to Germany for a week and, unexpectedly, I had a very limited access to the Internet over there. Catching up with all the tweets would be a bit pointless, I guess... unless I'll find enough time and patience to do that, or I'll just continue tweeting like nothing ever happened.

My studies in the last two weeks were quite unsystematic: I had to work a lot which is why I didn't have enough time for language learning (and, honestly, working with English and German all the time I guess I needed a break). Unfortunately, I even had to skip some of my language classes.

On the positive side, I went to Germany :) and I had more opportunities to speak German than the last time. I was generally happy with my language skills, even though I know for a fact I used to speak German better. One thing that bothered me a bit was the ability to describe my emotions in German or to talk with other people about their emotions. It feels like my German is not always precise enough if I'm talking about subtleties, and in some situations I might evoke slightly different reactions of my interlocutors than what I would expect / what I am aiming for. I realize it sounds kind of vague... I'm yet to process it :)

My Dutch and Swedish studies were really limited. I went to the (previously mentioned) guest seminars on Dutch linguistics at my university. My comprehension was a bit worse (it clearly depends on my level of concentration, and I was really tired). I got an interesting book on Dutch language history (Het verhaal van het Nederlands by Nicoline van der Sijs and Roland Willemyns) which I am planning to read (parts of it, at least). This is going to be a real challenge but there are some chapters I am literally dying to read (e.g. about loan words in Dutch, Dutch loan words in other languages or Dutch-based pidgins and Afrikaans). The book seems to present facts in a clear and accessible way but that's obviously just the first impression.

I went to my first private Swedish conversations. My teacher/conversation partner was absolutely impressed with my conversation skills (for someone who has studied Swedish for a year) and, especially, with my accent. I was, on the other hand, absolutely unsatisfied with my broken Swedish sentences and constant searching for the most obvious words. I guess the truth is somewhere in between :). Anyway, I am looking for the ideas how to use the conversation time as effectively as possible. My conversation partner is a native speaker (with good knowledge of Polish). He is not a teacher, and he is generally open to my ideas. I need to give him some tips :) and probably to prepare some materials for conversation just in case we run out of topics (which is quite probable, considering my limited Swedish vocabulary). So far, I've suggested pretending some real-life dialogues in various situations. I am also thinking about preparing some short articles to discuss (and thematic glossaries which would help me with my language limitations). Plus, I am back to the idea of collecting some crucial Swedish words and expressions.

Serpent, thanks for reminding me about lyricstraining! I totally forgot Dutch is available there! I'll think about the consistency thread, too... I am thinking about reintroducing a strict rule (every language out of: EN, DE, FR, SV, NL, ES) every day or every other day but I have to complete my current job assignment first.

Hekje, dank je wel, "Was Je Maar Hier" is heel leuk inderdaad. En ik hou van jouw log!

Fabriciocarraro, dank je voor jouw advies! De liedjes vind ik echt goed.

Amerykanka, co myślisz o następnym weekendzie?

Edited by Julie on 23 November 2013 at 10:37pm

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 4967 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Polish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Russian

Message 126 of 140
28 November 2013 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Chyba nie w ten weekend, bo jestem u rodziny, ale moze w nastepny (7 grudnia)? Wysle Ci email za kilka dni, zebysmy mogly zdecydowac sie. Zreszta wtorek i czwartek zwykle mi pasuja swietnie, jesli weekend nie udaje nam sie.

Przepraszam za brak polskich liter, nie bylo miejsca w moim bagazu na moj iPad wiec korzystam z komputera moich rodzicow.

Edited by Amerykanka on 28 November 2013 at 6:03pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6393 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 127 of 140
01 December 2013 at 2:31pm | IP Logged 
Julie, Amerykanka, popatrzcie (na?) forum dla doświadczonych uczęstników, proszę ;)

Hekje
Diglot
United States
Joined 4499 days ago

842 posts - 1330 votes 
Speaks: English*, Dutch
Studies: French, Indonesian

Message 128 of 140
01 December 2013 at 8:24pm | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
Hekje, dank je wel, "Was Je Maar Hier" is heel leuk inderdaad. En ik hou van
jouw log!

Dankjewel! Ik vind je log ook prachtig, ben heel erg onder de indruk. :-D

This discussion contains 140 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version