Joined 4053 days ago

11 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: Modern Hebrew*, Biblical Hebrew*, English
Studies: Tigrinya

Message 25 of 42
04 April 2013 at 2:04pm | IP Logged 
שלום לך!

קצת באיחור אבל כן! אני קורא את זה

מרתק לקרוא עברית כל כך טובה שנכתבה על ידי מי שזו לא שפת האם שלה. עדיין יש לך קצת שגיאות
אבל אני מאמין שתשתפרי. את יכולה גם לנהל שיחה בעברית? דרך אגב, אם את גולשת בפורומים
ישראליים את בטח יודעת שרוב האנשים לא משתמשים בעברית תקינה, זה היתרון של מי שלומד את השפה
כשפה זרה.

.אני מקווה שתמשיכי לכתוב כאן

אה, ומעצבן שאין כאן באתר יישור לימין! או שיש ואני לא יודע?
1 person has voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5058 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 26 of 42
04 April 2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
תודה רבה!

כן, אני יכולה לנהל שיחה, אבל קצת קשה שלי. אני לא מדברת כמו שאני כותבת. זה בגלל שכל
החברים הישראלים שלי גרים בישראל אז בדרך כלל אני כותבת להם בפייסבוק. לפעמים אני מדברת
איתם בסקייפ אבל אני כותבת הרבה יותר משאני מדברת.

ברור שאני אמשיך לכתוב כאן! וכן, זה מאוד מעצבן שאין יישור לימין...אבל תוכנת הפורום מאוד
ישנה.

בכל זאת, תודה שקראת! :D

דרך אגב, רק עכשיו שמתי לב לזה שאתה חדש פה. אז ברוך הבא!

ENG: (Golan complimented me on my Hebrew and then asked me some questions about my
skills, and said it's annoying how there's no right to left setting on this forum).

Thank you very much!

Yes, I can hold a conversation in Hebrew, but it is a little hard for me. I do not
speak as well as I write. This is because all my Israeli friends live in Israel so I
usually write to them on Facebook. Sometimes I talk to them on Skype but I write a lot
more than I speak.

Of course I will keep writing here! And yes, it is very annoying that there is no right
justification (I'm not really sure what to call this in English)...but the forum
software is very old.

Anyway, thank you for reading.

By the way, I just now noticed that you're new here, so welcome!

Edited by zecchino1991 on 06 April 2013 at 7:42pm

Golan
Bilingual Triglot
Israel
Joined 4053 days ago

11 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: Modern Hebrew*, Biblical Hebrew*, English
Studies: Tigrinya

Message 27 of 42
04 April 2013 at 7:07pm | IP Logged 
!ברוכה הנמצאת

2 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5058 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 28 of 42
06 April 2013 at 12:47am | IP Logged 
יש לי בעיה. אני רוצה ללמוד עברית ורוסית, אבל אני מכורה לגרוזינית! במשך היומיים האחרונים
אני לומדת רק גרוזינית. אני שומעת רדיו בגרוזינית, רואה טלוויזיה בגרוזינית, קוראת
בגרוזינית, וכותבת בגרוזינית. אני רוצה לשמוע אותה כל הזמן, אני מאוהבת בה! זו שפה כל כך יפה
ומרתקת. אני לא יכולה להפסיק לשמוע אותה!

Translation: I have a problem. I want to study Hebrew and Russian, but I am addicted to
Georgian! During the past 2 days I have only studied Georgian. I listen to the radio in
Georgian, watch tv in Georgian, read in Georgian, and write in Georgian. I want to listen
to it all the time, I'm in love with it! It's such a beautiful and fascinating language.
I can't stop listening to it!

Edited by zecchino1991 on 06 April 2013 at 7:21pm

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5058 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 29 of 42
23 May 2013 at 10:07am | IP Logged 
וואו, הרבה זמן לא כתבתי פה! אז בא לי לכתוב בעברית. רק עכשיו כתבתי משהו בגרוזינית
וגיליתי שמאוד קשה לי! אני מבינה בסדר, אבל לכתוב זה משהו אחר...הבעיה היא כזאת: אני יודעת
הרבה מילים אבל אני לא יודעת באיזה סדר לשים אותן! בגרוזינית שמים את הפועלים בסוף המשפט,
וזה נורא מבלבל אותי. אבל בכל זאת, אני מתה על השפה הגרוזינית ואני רוצה להמשיך ללמוד אותה
לרמה גבוהה. זו שפה באמת מקסימה ומיוחדת.

(Oops! Almost forgot the English translation!)
Wow, I haven't written here for a long time! So I feel like writing in Hebrew. Just now
I wrote something in Georgian and I discovered that it's really hard for me! I
understand ok, but writing is another story...The problem is this: I know a lot of
words but I don't know what order to put them in! In Georgian you put the verbs on the
end of the sentence and it's really confusing. But anyway, I love the Georgian language
and I want to keep learning it to a high level. It's a truly fascinating and unique
language.

Edited by zecchino1991 on 23 May 2013 at 10:14am

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4507 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 30 of 42
23 May 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged 
I'm just happy you speak Hebrew, you are the only other learner on this forum that I know
of when it comes to Hebrew. I get more than enough practice in Russian for example but
not in Hebrew. (I also have partners for German, Romanian, and Swedish and I use French
more than enough).

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5058 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 31 of 42
23 May 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged 
Wow, you're right. There aren't many other Hebrew learners around here. I never really
thought about it. Although there is a TAC team for middle eastern languages called Team
Alef. I am part of it and I know there are a couple other Hebrew learners there.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4507 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 32 of 42
23 May 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged 
I'm on team Sputnik because a) I was invited and b) Russian is a big language in my
life right now (I have several Russian friends and I speak it often). I was on clan
Lugus because I was studying Breton during the first part of this year, but I completed
Assimil, and have yet to return to the language. I enjoy being on team Sputnik and some
people on there I talk to often (especially Fabricio).

But it's good to see that at least someone is interested in Hebrew. My interest in
Hebrew is more a cultural one actually; I am interested in Israeli secular life and
culture (I would break down on a religious kibbutz) because it used to be an important
part of my life and because Hebrew is a language that influenced the culture and life
of the Netherlands in a small but significant way. I've mentioned this in my log, but
especially slang contains Hebrew and Yiddish loanwords. I also think there is a kind of
mystical value to speaking Hebrew. It sounds awesome and powerful and I love the sound
of it with its gutturals and rough consonants (something that is also in the sound of
Dutch). In fact I find Hebrew easy to pronounce because most of the sounds exist in
Dutch.

I considered team Alef but I thought two teams was enough, and Lugus was never going to
be really active. I am probably the most active member dealing with Celtic languages
(apart from Josquin and Iversen maybe).

Edited by tarvos on 23 May 2013 at 12:09pm

This discussion contains 42 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version