Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6424 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 89 of 297
15 December 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged 
I am posting this on the main sign-up thread and on all team logs.

This is a special announcement for all teams, certain ones more than others:

-The purpose of TAC teams is to support, help and encourage each other. “All for one and one for all”. That means reading each other’s logs, and commenting them where appropriate. It also means no more bickering.

- It the future all teams will be closed upon reaching 15 members, and new teams will be formed for those languages. Should a new team only attract a few members (about 5-7 depending on the team members prior TAC experience) by the sign-up deadline (31. January 2013), they will be merged with the original team. If in the course of the year, the teams lose half their members, they may also choose to merge. Any team that already has more than 15 members will not be divided, but they will not be allowed to add new members.

- Each team is to choose a team leader by Tuesday, 18 December. Inform me of your choice by then. The leader must have prior TAC experience unless there is no such person on the team. The leader is to keep me up-to-date regarding their team.

- I have created a French team and a Spanish team. Anyone studying those languages may choose to join them if they wish. The original Romance teams will remain in existence for those who are studying other Romance languages or who are interested in multiple languages. Note that even if you are only studying French or Spanish you may choose to be on a Romance team rather than a single language team. If there is enough interest for an Italian, Portuguese or Romanian team, I will create one. However, I would like those who may be interested in such a team to gather at least 5 team members before asking me to form the team.

I am sorry to have to make these additional rules, however it is obvious that certain teams are already on the verge of falling apart and a number of more experienced TAC members have noticed this and sent me PM’s requesting that I do something.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6424 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 90 of 297
15 December 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
Here's the video for Rin's Sakura.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPH_HTVwOoQ

It sounds really good.

That's also nice. It's much more Japanesy. Shall we choose this as our team song people?

Also, sorry about my last post. I hate being a monster, but something had to be done :(
1 person has voted this message useful

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5786 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 91 of 297
15 December 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged 
You're no monster! There does seem to be a lot more energy around this year's challenge. The enthusiasm is great but I'm sure it will settle down once everyone realises they still need to study so they have something to write about!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4601 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 92 of 297
15 December 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged 
@Brun_Ugle: I like the Rin song a lot, but it's your call!

As for team leader, I think you already filled that position :D

I also think that it would be a good idea if we all post short intros on ourselves here
on the thread. Getting to know each other's stories and languages is pretty neat!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4601 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 93 of 297
15 December 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged 
@g-bod: Your profile shows you currently having 666 posts. I thought that was pretty
funny. 666? Should I worry? LOL :)

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6424 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 94 of 297
15 December 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
@g-bod: Your profile shows you currently having 666 posts. I thought that was pretty
funny. 666? Should I worry? LOL :)

Doomsday is coming 21. December. And now we know who will be judging us!

Please don't hurt me. I've been good..... mostly :)

As for the song, I'm not really the team dictator. I was just kidding. I think it is very clearly Japanese in both the sound and the video, in addition to being sakura-themed, so it is probably a good choice. I can change the link on the front page, but if anyone disagrees, we can discuss it.

In a few days, I will write a post on the sign-up thread about our choice of name and song, but I think I will wait until any potential ruckus has died down.

Thank you for the nomination. I don't mind being team leader if no one is against it. It sounds like a grand title perhaps, but unless a team disintegrates into arguments and chaos, it is mostly a figurehead position. If there aren't any problems on the team, the main job is reporting changes in team status to me so I can update the list of teams and their members. And it will certainly be easy for me to report to myself :)

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5786 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 95 of 297
15 December 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged 
Well the problem is, now I've posted again, it kind of breaks the illusion! I certainly don't intend to have a role in the end of the world, but should the four horsemen turn up at my door I'll get them a cup of tea and no doubt report back to HTLAL for advice.

Self introductions sounds like a great idea. Shall we do them in Japanese?

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6424 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 96 of 297
15 December 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
Well the problem is, now I've posted again, it kind of breaks the illusion! I certainly don't intend to have a role in the end of the world, but should the four horsemen turn up at my door I'll get them a cup of tea and no doubt report back to HTLAL for advice.

Good idea. A cup of tea cures anything.

g-bod wrote:

Self introductions sounds like a great idea. Shall we do them in Japanese?

Only if we don't want anyone to understand them :)

My writing in Japanese is so slow that it will probably take me the rest of the year just to finish it, so I guess I'd better get started.

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version