brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6413 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 9 of 225
10 December 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged 
BAnna:
The sign-up thread is a sticky at the top of the language logs forum, but I happened to notice you here, so I'll add you.

stifa:
I didn't see that vermillon had signed up anywhere either, but I assume you have your list right, so I will add him/her to my list as well.
1 person has voted this message useful

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4666 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 10 of 225
10 December 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged 
Vermillion PM'd me earlier this morning. I should have pointed them to that thread...

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 11 of 225
10 December 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged 
@Brun and stifa: wow hats off, you guys are on top of things! I was just about drop a link but it's all taken care of.^^ Brun, thank you for organizing this. This year's TAC is so huge it can be confusing! I didn't know where I was and signed up in joshkaasik's log --sorry!-- (#..')

I think I found the right place for intro this time so,
I am/was in TAC 2012 on the Japanese team and I might try to do Japanese again this coming year but I don't know if I'll get to it. I'm sticking with German and French this year and I'll just continue my old log. By the way, it's so cool we have a Godfather on this team -- yea Josquin!

I can function as a second support when Josquin is krank or im Urlaub :D, I've been doing German for a few years now and I'll do my best to help out (but I can't replace a native)^^

I'm sorry I don't have any geat learning links but a good place to sit and watch is zattoo.com. Most of the networks are free, but you have to register. My kids like KIKA which is the German "Cartoon Network". A lot of the shows like Wissen Macht Ah! are for kiddies but the science stuff is good and not-so-tough to follow as say, the German dokus.

Edited by Sunja on 10 December 2012 at 10:13am

Dagane
Triglot
SpainRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4304 days ago

259 posts - 324 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishB2, Galician
Studies: German
Studies: Czech

Message 12 of 225
10 December 2012 at 2:33pm | IP Logged 
Hello, mates! I'm glad this thread exists so soon!

The amount of work that has been done in order to make things work is amazing, so many thanks to the organizers! I hope we all enjoy this TAC, which is my first one.

I've got a few questions regarding the log, though. May I add my progress in Galician? It's not a Germanic language, but I'm studying it on and off. My current log talks about it and has got many posts already, so I guess I should create a new log, shouldn't I?

Also, I'm studying English. Actually, I dedicate to English most of the time I spend studying languages. As it's a Germanic language, it doesn't mind. Mind you, if everything is ok, by February English will be my most used language instead of Spanish. That probably means that I won't see it as a 'language of study', at least for a while. Now then, should I include English as a language of study in this TAC?

sans-serif
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4352 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 13 of 225
10 December 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged 
Bah. Everyone's so excited about the TAC that I too am tempted to join the team. The problem is, I doubt I'm a TAC kind of guy: the less time I spend here on HTLAL, the more time I put into studying my languages, it seems. Maybe I should participate as an unofficial hang-around this year, and see if my pessimism is unwarranted.

Edited by sans-serif on 10 December 2012 at 3:16pm

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 14 of 225
10 December 2012 at 3:23pm | IP Logged 
@Dagane,

Absolutely, include everything in your German log. You can also be a member of more than one team. You can keep all languages in one log or make different logs for each language. Anything is possible.

@sans-serif

I think every one of us can say we spend too much time at HTLAL, but it's fun to get inspired. I've been mooching off of the language-loving spirit in this forum for years. It's a great motivator!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5019 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 15 of 225
10 December 2012 at 5:40pm | IP Logged 
Thanks already fly out to:
-Josquin for not waiting for me to propose him to be our German Godfather
-Stifa for creating the Team thread and sparing me the effort
-Flarioca for dropping by and sparing me the effort of compiling and sorting the list of German Team 2012 links
(with people sparing me so much stuff I'll pretty much have to actually study for a change -- damn you all! ;)
-Everyone else for joining already!

@Stifa: Your links to individual logs don't work yet. If you want to make internal links (to other forum threads), I think it's easier and much shorter to write them in the form [url=forum_posts.asp?TID=34422]Link text[/url] (obviously replacing "34422" with the appropriate thread ID) and you'll be sure that they're not automatically mangled ;)

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4666 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 16 of 225
10 December 2012 at 5:50pm | IP Logged 
Oh thank you! I think the length was the reason that they turned out mangled. :p

Will fix that asap.

This discussion contains 225 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version