Germany
Joined 4175 days ago

39 posts - 61 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2
Studies: Mandarin, Korean

Message 161 of 457
19 January 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged 
Evita wrote:
Renate, that was a great audio, you sounded really Korean to me. Congrats! I was debating doing an audio myself but I probably won't because I haven't practiced speaking Korean at all. Maybe in a later challenge.

What struck me was that even the "umms" and laughing sounded Korean(to my untrained ears). I couldn't hear a German accent at all.

Evita, see this challenge as a way to get you to speak :P
1 person has voted this message useful

Evita
Tetraglot
Latvia
learnlatvian.info
Joined 6363 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 
Speaks: Latvian*, English, German, Russian
Studies: Korean, Finnish

Message 162 of 457
19 January 2013 at 3:09pm | IP Logged 
The main challenge for me will be to write something because I haven't written anything in Korean apart from single sentences as grammar exercises. What I will produce will probably be full of errors and unnatural ways of saying things so I don't think it's something I should read aloud. Oh, I got an idea. I will try reading a text from my textbook, it will be a real challenge to try to read it more or less fluently. My accent will probably be horrible, oh well.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Bakunin
Diglot
Switzerland
outerkhmer.blogspot.
Joined 4941 days ago

531 posts - 1126 votes 
Speaks: German*, Thai
Studies: Khmer

Message 163 of 457
19 January 2013 at 7:53pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
druckfehler's introduction - 자기 소개

Anyway, here is the audio: my introduction in Korean Enjoy (if you can :D).

Sounds great and not German at all (that's the only thing I can comment on... I don't understand Korean)! Interesting introduction, too. Have you tried to play any traditional Korean musical instruments?

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5346 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 164 of 457
20 January 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged 
BloodyChinese wrote:
Renate, you sound like one of the girls from Girl's Generation :P

Now that you mention it, she does kind of sound like Yoona at times during that clip.

The Real CZ wrote:
I had no idea you were a girl haha. All of this time I didn't really know what gender you were, but was leaning toward thinking you were a guy. You don't really spazz over actors when you mention certain Korean dramas, so that's why I didn't think you were a girl.

You didn't remember that? The first time I saw her mention it was in reply to one of your posts.

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4443 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 165 of 457
20 January 2013 at 3:30pm | IP Logged 
Wow I am impressed by everybody's intros! Renate and Johnny, It was really nice
listenning to your recordings. Unfortunately, I understand most but not all of your
introductions.
Renate, I am quite (to not say "very") impressed. Your accent is really good and easy
to understand. You also seem to have great capacities of production in Korean, which,
even though I understand what you say, I seem not to have!
Johnny, also really nice! Your tones are really impressive from my (fellow beginner's)
point of view! I guess having a wife half-chinese helps with that too!

Anyway, I don't think I will have the confidence to do an audio introduction! I could
in Japanese but I am too ashamed of my accent in Korean and definitely not able to do
so in Chinese with good tones. So I guess I will write an introduction in a mix of the
three during this week!

vermillon
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4489 days ago

602 posts - 1042 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, Mandarin
Studies: Japanese, German

Message 166 of 457
20 January 2013 at 4:00pm | IP Logged 
@yuhakko : you don't have to record an audio intro in all your languages. One in Japanese would be more than welcome, especially for people aspiring to learn Japanese (like me!). :)

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4443 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 167 of 457
20 January 2013 at 4:41pm | IP Logged 
Haha, alright alright! I'll try to make an audio intro in Japanese! However since I was
looking forward to try to write in Korean, Mandarin, I'll try to do so too! but probably
shorter though :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Homogenik
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4635 days ago

314 posts - 407 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Polish, Mandarin

Message 168 of 457
21 January 2013 at 4:18am | IP Logged 
Hi again. I thought I'd pop back in to introduce myself.
My name is Gabriel and I live in Quebec city, Canada. I've been studying mandarin for a year or so, although the
first months of it was more like dabbling than proper study. Throughout that time, I finished Pimsleur I and
found it very helpful in breaking the tone barrier. I also tried learning character recognition using Memrise and
started writing a little. Last fall I took a chinese class at the university I attend (as a doctorate film student), and it
went by, I must say, quite easily. It was so because I had already had begun months prior and had substantial
knowledge for an elementary level student. Anyway, I passed the class with a very satisfying grade and planned
to continue for class number two this winter, but unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it because of
scheduling conflicts with a seminar I must attend for my doctorate. I am in line for another group at a different
time (all the chinese classes are full), but I don't hold my breath. I also started meeting with a chinese girl a few
months ago, once a week, exchanging an hour of English for her and one of chinese for me. I have acquired
various textbooks and dictionaries in chinese so I won't exactly be left out in the cold if I can't take part in the
class itself. I'd like to go through the Basic Spoken and Written chinese books I got last year. This could be the
occasion, this year.

Through all of this, my main goal, language-wise, is to further my polish studies which I began in 2011. I don't
have classes anymore (I had a private teacher, but I don't have enough money right now to keep that going), but
I'm advanced enough to keep going, I think, in the right direction (plus my mom is polish! although she can't give
me any grammatical advice, I can talk with her in polish and thus practice).

你们好!我叫Gabriel、我是加拿大魁北克人、 � �� �� �学习汉语和波兰语。我妈妈是波兰人、我爸 �� �是了魁
北克人。我在大学也学习电影。我会说法语和 英语 。我 没有哥哥、弟 弟、姐姐、妹妹。我爱看书和去电影院。我有 很多汉语
书。我喜欢喝绿茶、红 茶、花茶、咖啡和红酒,可是我不喜欢喝可口 可乐、雪碧。我不吃肉。我很喜欢吃鱼。现在 我看莫言
的书Les treize pas(法 语书)。它是很好。现在我很忙、也很累!我 有 很多工作!可是我很喜欢普通话。再见!

Translation : Hi all! My name is Gabriel, I'm from Quebec, Canada, I study chinese and polish. My mom is polish,
my father was from Quebec. At the university, I also study film. I can speak french and English. I don't have any
big brother, little brother, big sister or little sister. I love to read books and go to the movies. I have a lot of
chinese books. I love to drink green tea, red (black) tea, jasmine tea, coffee and red wine, but I don't like to drink
Coca-Cola or Sprite. I don't eat meat. I love to eat fish. At the moment, I'm reading a book my Mo Yan, Les treize
pas (a french translation). It's great. Right now, I'm quite busy and tired! I have too much work! But I love chinese.
Goodbye!
(some characters don't show, I'm not sure why...)
my log is here :

Homogenik's log

Edited by Homogenik on 21 January 2013 at 4:51am

5 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 457 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version