United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5184 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 25 of 145
12 December 2012 at 1:33pm | IP Logged 

In Croatian, it's prijatelj, I think. I like that or the Romanian. I think we should stay away from special characters. When I get mail from HTLAL, special characters aren't supported, and if I can't tell what thread it's from, I have a tendency to ignore it.
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6386 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 26 of 145
12 December 2012 at 4:40pm | IP Logged 
JohannaNYC wrote:
Julie wrote:

(whereas the limit for the number of characters in thread titles is very low).

Hadn't thought about that. So I guess we need a really short name since most of us are on
2-3 teams.
It's not THAT low. I'd rather have a cool name for the team than a cool name for the log :P
and by cool i mean longer than my current "Serpent's cyclic log" +team names.

BTW don't forget about the tags feature! you can use them for listing your languages instead of putting them in the thread name:P

I suggest taking it mathematically and saying exactly how many characters you have space for:D

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6386 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 27 of 145
12 December 2012 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
Seems like we have 41 character to use for the log titles, no idea why 41.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6386 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 28 of 145
12 December 2012 at 4:45pm | IP Logged 
Super Přátelé could be the name for the Super Challenge +TAC thread!!! I suggested it but I don't think it should be a team..just a thread about combining Super Challenge and TAC :)

and it'll have the word super in the beginning so Kerrie will know she shouldn't ignore it:PPPP

Edited by Serpent on 12 December 2012 at 4:46pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6386 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 29 of 145
12 December 2012 at 4:49pm | IP Logged 
And may I suggest 'nebunie' once again :P
it's Romanian for madness, of Slavic origin
doesn't it look both Romance and Slavic?
and most of us are certainly learning a mad number of langs:D

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6409 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 30 of 145
12 December 2012 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
Hello! I sneaked myself onto this team. Serpent said it was OK for people to join who were only studying a Romance language as long as they were interested in Slavic languages. I'm still trying to decide which Slavic language to learn. I'm trying to stick to one language per family, so I want to take some time to be sure I pick the right language. Right now it's between Polish and Russian, though that might change after a year together with all of you. Maybe it will be even harder to decide.

So although I am officially only studying a Romance language (Spanish) and no Slavic languages, I intend to dabble in various Slavic languages.

I don't know if I will do any 6WC challenges. I've never done one before and am not sure what it entails.

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 4960 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Polish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Russian

Message 31 of 145
12 December 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged 
@Brun Ugle, you should learn Polish - it is awesome!

As far as team names, I now favor "Prieteni" since it looks Slavic in spite of being Romance. I really need to
learn Romanian. . . .
3 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6386 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 32 of 145
12 December 2012 at 11:41pm | IP Logged 
Yeees learn Romanian, it's fascinating!!!!!!!

This discussion contains 145 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version