Joined 5145 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 537 of 553
13 December 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged 
Ogrim wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I would also like to vacate the position as fairy Godmother for Norwegian :-) I have loved working with you
guys, but it is always good to have some fresh blood, and someone with new ideas.

If no one comes forward I am willing to step in, but if someone with lots of new energy and ideas come by and could do it, that would be even better.

I don't know if I have lots of energy and ideas, but I am willing to consider taking up the role - in my case as Godfather - if you don't get any other enthusiastic candidates.

In case you don't refuse the offer, I'll try to keep track as best as I can and contribute when needed. However, I do hope that Cristina will still be around to complement my input with her excellent advice.

I probably could not be stopped :-)
1 person has voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5658 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 538 of 553
13 December 2013 at 11:27am | IP Logged 
It's good to have a big group here in this Scandinavian TAC team, because many (often unexperienced people or people with a busy life) tend to drop out of the TAC during the year.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 13 December 2013 at 11:28am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5158 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 539 of 553
13 December 2013 at 2:08pm | IP Logged 
I owe an apology to suzukaze: I listed her as a newcomer to the Scandinavian team, when in fact she came onboard in March. Sorry about that, suzukaze!

I must have lost track of the changes in the team somewhere along the journey. Let’s admit it here: for part of the year the Viking Team wasn’t very active: let’s try and make 2014 the year of the best TAC ever.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5158 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 540 of 553
15 December 2013 at 4:46pm | IP Logged 
Unless somebody objects or even better volunteers, in the next couple of days I will open the thread for the new team, in which case I count on the “board of veterans” suggested by daegga to step in during the year to keep the team alive and bustling especially if I go missing for some time, which is likely to happen.

Meanwhile, with the newest additions, aokoye and Elle_Diablo, who signed up today, we’ve reached the default limit of 15. So far, we’ve only heard the opinions of two team members, Fasulye’s and mine (and that of our second-in-command godmother, Cristina), about the membership limits for the team.

Fasulye is for having a bigger team to offset the natural drop-out rate that always occurs in the TAC. I’m ok with the 15-member limit, but open to having a bigger group, because I think that with most of the team made up of return-Vikings hopefully few will give up during the year.

Come on Vikings! Let us know what you think! Your input is important. I don’t want to appear pushy and despotic, but if someone doesn’t take the initiative it’s like nobody cares about [organizing] the team. Have we learnt so much from our TLs cultures that we’ve internalized their restraint?
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
[...] Norwegians are lovely once you get to know them, but they are very shy and reserved and generally not terribly good at taking initiatives. [...]

Active members:
Cavesa: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Sarnek: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Kez: Swedish
mick33: Swedish
WoofCreature: Norwegian (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
AlOlaf: Danish
Expugnator: Norwegian
daegga: Norwegian / Danish / Swedish
Emme: Swedish
Fasulye: Danish and Norwegian
jeff_lindqvist: Danish / Norwegian (active Wanderluster ?)
Othar: Norwegian (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Julie: Swedish
aokoye: Norwegian (new entry in the Scandinavian team)
Elle_Diablo: Swedish (new entry in the Scandinavian team)

Observers/wanderluster:
Suzukaze: Swedish (observer)
yuhakko: Norwegian (wanderluster)
Serpent: Danish / Swedish (observer)
Via Diva: Swedish (observer)

Guardian Angels/Godparents:
Norwegian: Ogrim, (Cristina)
Swedish: ?
Danish: ?

Edited by Emme on 17 December 2013 at 6:14pm

daegga
Tetraglot
Austria
lang-8.com/553301
Joined 4332 days ago

1076 posts - 1792 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, Norwegian
Studies: Danish, French, Finnish, Icelandic

Message 541 of 553
15 December 2013 at 5:16pm | IP Logged 
Great that you take the initiative :)

I'm all for pushing the limits a bit, no need to exclude people because of arbitrary
limits. Limiting and splitting works better for the big languages I think...

AlOlaf
Diglot
United States
Joined 4959 days ago

491 posts - 617 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Danish

Message 542 of 553
15 December 2013 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for all you’re doing, Emme! I was sure glad you guys let me join when I discovered the language learning logs in February. Most of the teams were listed as closed by then, but Julie said that a few members of Viking had disappeared under mysterious circumstances and that she thought there was room for one more. I don’t remember exactly how many members were signed up at that time, but I’m pretty sure there were over 15.

I don’t think there’s that much of a threat that we’ll end up with a detrimental overabundance of active members. It seemed like this year we could have used more.

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4168 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 543 of 553
15 December 2013 at 7:13pm | IP Logged 
I think we should let more than 15 in as well. Activity goes down after a month/2 months
so a bigger team will be good!

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4413 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 544 of 553
15 December 2013 at 8:05pm | IP Logged 
Emme wrote:
I owe an apology to suzukaze: I listed her as a newcomer to the Scandinavian team, when in fact she came onboard in March. Sorry about that, suzukaze!

Apologies accepted :P To be honest, I didn't do much this year, both as a team member and a Swedish learner, so I hope things will change for the better in 2014. I have already started to think of possible ways to make my study routine more varied…and less boring.

Regarding the members limit issue, I'm fine with accepting more than 15 members. This way we'll always have a decent number of active people on the team in spite of the occasional drop-outs.

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version