Brazil
Joined 4959 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 89 of 91
24 April 2014 at 9:25pm | IP Logged 
Time to update your profile then =D

I wish I could reach that level in Norwegian, but it doesn't seem practical without immersion. How did it work with listening, btw? How did you notice progress? It's my hardest skill in Norwegian (even though I still can't read fluently yet either).
1 person has voted this message useful

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4150 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 90 of 91
24 April 2014 at 10:55pm | IP Logged 
Emme, I could've succeeded in SFI with all A's without going to that class at all. It
was too easy for me to be honest. When I told my SFI teacher that I didn't focus on
grammar rules at all and mainly aimed at speaking and listening she reacted a bit weird
and didn't think much of my way but I was her top student and they never had someone
come in and out of the class so fast.

I think that SAS is Swedish for like 12-16 year olds or something, not sure so i'll
keep you updated.

My listening skills increased insanely when I moved to Sweden expug.. In the beginning
I had a hard time understanding some people (it was fairly easy to understand girls for
some reason.) But after 2-3 months of only hearing Swedish and really trying my best to
only speak Swedish all my problems disappeared and all of a sudden I could understand
everyone. I think that if you really immerse yourself completely you will see huge
increases in your language skills. Maybe worth to try it for a week at home, only
listen to TL music, watch TL tv, read TL books and speak/think only in your TL. See
what happens.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5140 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 91 of 91
27 December 2014 at 5:15pm | IP Logged 
Hej!

We’re practically at the end of TAC’14. Would you like to drop by at our Team Asgard thead and tell us how this year went for you and your Swedish studies? The year final report is also valid for our team’s December challenge!

I hope to hear from you soon and in the meantime I wish you

Gott nytt år!

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 91 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version