Joined 4306 days ago

259 posts - 324 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishB2, Galician
Studies: German
Studies: Czech

Message 49 of 60
11 February 2013 at 7:14pm | IP Logged 
Sunja wrote:
Will you have Internet access when you get there? It would be great to read about your experiences there!

I hope so! As far as I saw, most of the shared apartments have got Internet. But it's not sure, since I'm still looking for one. At first I will be in a hostel and it has got Internet service.
1 person has voted this message useful

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5021 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 50 of 60
11 February 2013 at 7:20pm | IP Logged 
With so many posts everywhere I skim through most of it and I somehow skipped the part where you said you're moving to the nether regions ;) Good luck, mate!

Dagane
Triglot
SpainRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4306 days ago

259 posts - 324 votes 

Message 51 of 60
01 March 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged 
Greetings from the Netherlands!
This is the first time I have a connection good enough to load this website. I just moved to an apartment today, and am still busy with papers and other stuff. I hope to submit soon something appropiate. By now, I wanted you to know I'm alive and into Schnitzel team!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5880 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 52 of 60
02 March 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged 
Hoi Dagane! Thanks for checking in and letting us know where you are. Wow, just moved in, eh? You must be busy at the moment! How's the weather up there?

Dagane
Triglot
SpainRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4306 days ago

259 posts - 324 votes 

Message 53 of 60
13 March 2013 at 7:45pm | IP Logged 
Well, settling up is taking more time than expected. There are two things which are important for me and I haven't resumed yet. They are language learning and sport. Once I have all in order I will make a schedule appropiate to my new situation. Now I'm working more hours a day than the last 6 months, let alone cooking, doing the shopping and the ironing and other things I didn't do then, so I'll have got much less time to study.

Nevertheless, my main language to communicate is English by now, and I hope to start a Dutch course next 19th. Also, my German exam in September is a boost to continue studying it, and I could even resolve some doubts here, since one of my housemates is German.

I'll report when I could, but one thing is going to change for sure. I won't be able to set concrete gols anymore, but I need some kind of schedule to study properly and register what I do. Thus, my system of goals will probably change to a system of hours of study I'll try to invest studying everyday.

I hope to fully come back as soon as possible and read all your logs, which I'm sure are interesting!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5880 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 54 of 60
13 March 2013 at 11:35pm | IP Logged 
Are you able to study at all? How's your schedule? It takes time to juggle everything. (I remember moving a few times! :) ) good luck with everything.

Edited by Sunja on 13 March 2013 at 11:37pm

renaissancemedi
Bilingual Triglot
Greece
Joined 4153 days ago

941 posts - 1309 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Ancient Greek*, EnglishC2
Studies: French, Russian, Turkish, Modern Hebrew

Message 55 of 60
14 March 2013 at 8:11am | IP Logged 
Good luck with everything Dagane.

Hekje
Diglot
United States
Joined 4498 days ago

842 posts - 1330 votes 
Speaks: English*, Dutch
Studies: French, Indonesian

Message 56 of 60
16 March 2013 at 2:24am | IP Logged 
Hey Dagane, here's the response to your post on my log I owe you!

I'm afraid that I don't have a good answer for you about a Dutch course to supplement
your classes, as my experience with them is scanty. However, your German and English
should set you in up in a really good place with Dutch.

The best free resources I know are listed in on the last page of my log, and I hope
that helps a bit. DutchGrammar.Com is especially helpful for an oversight of the
grammar. Their explanations are more compact than even the Donaldson, though I don't
anticipate the grammar to be a huge challenge for you after German.

Hope you've been having a good two weeks in the Netherlands thus far. I look forward
with interest to your future log updates.

This discussion contains 60 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version