Triglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4403 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Greek

Message 17 of 49
25 January 2013 at 8:11pm | IP Logged 
Hi Crush. It's nice to read your updates. Language Transfer is great! I've been working
on Teach Yourself Greek and Michel Thomas Advanced (which is much like a review after
having done 1/2 of the second part of Language Transfer). I will definitely do the rest
of LT after I'm done with MT. I'm glad to read the quality is excellent right to the end.

On the LT website they mention that they plan a part 4 and 5. I hope we don't have to
wait too long.

I'm anxious to get your report on FSI Greek.
1 person has voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5658 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 18 of 49
26 January 2013 at 10:25am | IP Logged 
I have a feeling parts 4 and 5 won't be coming any time soon, the "teacher" of the Greek course is currently in South America working on the Spanish courses/courses for Spanish speakers. I'm also excited about parts 4 and 5, i feel like i've already covered a large part of the grammar.

I'm also anxious to explore FSI Greek :)

@billyshears66, i added you on memrise. 加油!

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4661 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 19 of 49
01 February 2013 at 5:47pm | IP Logged 
You haven't posted on the team thread for a long time, so I thought I'd drop by and ask:
How's your Mandarin going?

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5658 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 20 of 49
11 February 2013 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
Hey druckfehler, i'm still hanging in there. Currently going through NPCR and working through some HSK character lists. I'm currently at Lesson 23, so 4 more lessons and i'll have finished the second book. I've been a little occupied lately with another hobby of mine (z80 game programming), but i needed a little break. I'm hoping i'll have the game finished within a week or two and will've found a bit more motivated to jump back full-time into Mandarin. :)

Aparte de intentar seguir adelante con el chino mandarín, estos últimos días he visto varios documentales en castellano, la mayoría acerca de pandillas y la vida carcelaria.

embici
Triglot
CanadaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4403 days ago

263 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, French
Studies: Greek

Message 21 of 49
16 February 2013 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
Hola Crush. ¿Cómo te va con el griego?

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5658 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 22 of 49
22 February 2013 at 7:27am | IP Logged 
Hola embici! Pues me acabo de mudar a otra provincia aquí en China así que estas úlimas semanas mis idiomas han sufrido bastante, en cuanto comiencen las clases veré cómo hago para reponer todo en orden.

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5658 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 23 of 49
25 February 2013 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
Just finished NPCR 2 today :)

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5658 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 24 of 49
01 June 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged 
Avui vaig començar la lliçó 68 de "El català sense esforç". Només em queden dues lliçons (la 70 es una revisió) i desprès a seguir amb l'onada activa. No crec que la terminaré per què les darreres lliçons són massa llargues i algunes són una mica avorrides, però al capdavall la majoritat de les lliçons són molt interessants i recomano molt aquest curs a qualsevol que vulgui aprendre el català. Avui vaig llegir el meu primer llibre en català sense força dificultat, només unes paraules desconegudes però no vaig tenir cap problema amb la gramàtica. Tampoc no he utilitzat cap altre mètode per estudiar-lo, trenta minuts al dia un parell de mesos i prou. :)

我还是学习汉语,但是我觉得我的进步也不太 大。我的课很无聊,其实我现在不想继续学习 了,我学了快两年了还说得不好,写得不好, 看不懂,听不懂。单词都好复杂,每次要用一 个新的词我老是听说“不能这样用”或者那个 非常令人沮丧的句子“没听懂,你是什么意思 ?”以前我很努力学习,现在不知道是因为什 么原因的,可能是因为我的课太无聊了,也可 能是因为我简直丢了我对汉语感的兴趣。不论 什么原因,我的这个学习汉语的情况让我很难 过,有时候问我自己我到底要不要继续学习, 我到底会不会学好汉语。。。我真的不知道。

EDIT: And for everyone else who doesn't understand poorly written Catalan/Chinese, the past few months i've been focused mostly on Chinese and Catalan. I have to say it feels great to make quick progress, a nice contrast to the slow drudge that's become Chinese! I think the hardest part for me in Chinese is learning how to use words. Sometimes it feels like words are so flexible, one word carrying 30 meanings, and others it feels like they're so specific, having several different shades of meaning all with the same English (or Spanish or French or German, etc.) translation. I'd love to start reading in Chinese to start getting a better feel for words and context, but it's still so hard to read and, to put it in a slightly more optimistic way than what i wrote in Chinese, i've started to get a bit discouraged with my Chinese studies ;) On the bright side, that's probably what made me finally pick up my copy of "El catalán sin esfuerzo" and stick it through to the end. Just two passive lessons left then lots of reading, movies, chatting, and other fun stuff :)

EDIT2: Once i get a stronger grip in Catalan i'd like to work on Galician and i've even toyed with the idea of learning Basque. I really like the idea of (largely) losing the idea of gender in language. Along those same lines, Quechua has been interesting to me for a while, too. For Basque, i started reading some of the lessons at http://www.ikasten.net/. I've gotta say not all of it makes sense, some of it doesn't seem very well explained but i have a feeling after a few more lessons some of the loose ends will start to be tied together. Let's see if i can stick with a language long enough to actually speak it well... :P

Edited by Crush on 01 June 2013 at 1:52pm

This discussion contains 49 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version