Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 33 of 49
16 December 2014 at 3:27pm | IP Logged 
As the saying goes, no news is good news, but still, 6 months' silence verges on impoliteness :) I haven't
been idle in those past few months, far from it, I intend to post a more detailed account later. The most
important change that took place is that I moved my status from "study" to "speak". One small step for some
polyglots, a giant leap as far as I'm concerned!
I spent one week in Rome last summer, which boosted both my confidence and my (spoken) proficiency, so
much so that I was able to converse (twice) for two whole hours in Italian, in the course of September and
October. I had the opportunity to start a friend ship with an Italian family who recently immigrated to France.
I would estimate my current level B2 for speaking and a lower C1 for reading / listening.

I also tackled the super challenge seriously, but more on that later .
1 person has voted this message useful

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 34 of 49
17 December 2014 at 7:34am | IP Logged 
I hadn't noticed the suscription thread for the TAC 2015 was already up and going!
I guess I'm going to sign up for Norwegian this time( that is, as soon as I find the édit button on the Wikia
page...), my first language love after English. I think I'm a rusty A2 since I have already studied assimil up to
the lesson 50 something but that was a long time agi and I' really like to be able to read novels in Norwegian
the way I do now with Italian.

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 35 of 49
18 December 2014 at 10:30pm | IP Logged 
Well, I signed up for the Scandinavian team with Norwegian and for the German team. I've wanted to revive
my rusty German for a long time and I'd love to be able to read a novel in Norwegian and feel as comfortable
as I am now with Italian ( I'm not saying everything is perfect with Italian but let´s say it feels natural at least ).
Ideally I would have liked to commit myself to some new exotic language such as Croatian (Radioclare's log
is fully responsible for this :))or Polish, but time is short and I'd like to maintain my Italian as well, so I'll keep
Croatian and/or Polish for wanderlust or for the 6 week challenge.

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 36 of 49
19 December 2014 at 2:48pm | IP Logged 
Friday 19th December
2014 achievements

I moved my status from "studies" to speaks" for Italian. Hope to be able to do the same for German (+ Norwegian??)at least by the end of next year! That would be great.

Super challenge update (Italian)

BOOKS

1. Il suggeritore by Donato Carrisi 450 pages
2. Il Tribunale delle Animi by Donato Carrisi 450 pages
3. Harry Potter e la Camera dei segreti by J.K.Rowling 320 pages
4. La casa delle Rondini by Angela Ragusa (chidren's book) 100 pages (I made Two pages count for one)
5. other readings (magazines, webpages) 43 pages
films

Total = 1363 pages ( roughly 27 "books")

FILMS/ AUDIO

1. Caccia al tesoro (Montalbano) 97 min
2. Ho Sposato uno sbirro (puntato uno) 94 min
3. Ho sposato uno sbirro (puntato due 105 min + 48 min (I had to watch the beginning a second time around as two weeks had elapsed)
4. Ho sposato uno sbirro (puntato tre) 100 min
5. Ho sposato uno sbirro (puntato cinque) 56 min (unfortunately, not all the episodes were available from Youtube)
6. La Grande Belleza 135 min
7. PODCASTS 384 min

Total = 1019 minutes (roughly 11 "films")

I'm currently reading Il Terrore viene per posta by Agatha Christie (a rather easy read all the more so as I already know the story) and I've also started La Donna della Domenica By Fruttero e Lucentini.Si, vado pazza per i gialli, come avreste gia indovinato!

I'm rather satisfied with the reading part of the challenge, I've never been worried about finding time to read, that'll be more difficult to scrape up time for the films though.
I've found another TV series on Youtube Una Famiglia in Giallo, and I intend to start it as soon as possible. As I'm now on holidays, it is more likely to happen!

GOALS FOR 2015

finish the superchallenge in Italian
eliminate the silly mistakes I still make when speaking Italian
TAC German
TAC Norwegian

Norwegian
-finish Assimil Norwegian
-try to read a novel in Norwegian. I've got Spenningens Mesters by Arnaldur Indridasson and Harry Potter 4 with their French and English counterparts to help me make head and tailof the Norwegian text.

German

-work on Assimil Perfectionnement
-Deutsche Welle podcasts and the such to help me improve my (calamitous) ear for spoken German.
-read novel(s). My local library discarded some pocket books a few months ago, among which I was lucky to find
1. Die Braut im Schnee by Jan Seghers
2. Undank ist der Väter Lohn by Elizabeth George
3. die Wanderhure by Iny Lorentz
4. die Kastellanin by Iny Lorentz
5. a collection of Dr Norden stories

and I already had HP und die Heilligtümer des Todes as well as die Tote in der Bibliothek by Agatha Christie. So I think my plate is full! I've already tried to read Die Braut im Schnee and it seems doable, so I'll probably start with that one.

wanderlust

Croatian : I followed Radioclare's log all year round, so much so that I bought Assimil Croatian on an impulse a few months ago as well as Croatian Spoke World... Once a language nerd...So we'll see.

Polish? I've been fascinated by Polish for a long time, but after a few (short) attempts, I always bail out because it turns out too difficult in the long run.

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 37 of 49
21 December 2014 at 5:28am | IP Logged 
NOR :
Jeg har lyst til å prøve a skrive på norsk i dag. Jeg har ikke norsk studert for lenge siden. Det er spennende
å kunne oppdage om kulturen og fremmed språken. Jeg håper jeg vil makte å lese bøkene på norsk neste år.

Edited by agantik on 21 December 2014 at 7:37am

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 38 of 49
21 December 2014 at 5:29am | IP Logged 
Corrections welcome in any of the languages I attempt to tackle!

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4955 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 39 of 49
21 December 2014 at 3:29pm | IP Logged 
Welcome to our team! Looking forward to seeing you make progress in Norwegian, agantik!
Count on me for some tips on resources and reading strategies
2 persons have voted this message useful

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4424 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 40 of 49
21 December 2014 at 3:59pm | IP Logged 
Thanks a lot, I will! I've seen you're much more experienced in Norwegian than I am. Good luck to you too!
I'm also on the German team, so we are bound to come across each other at some point.

This discussion contains 49 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version