Russian Federation
Joined 4120 days ago

134 posts - 181 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, Russian
Studies: Finnish, Sign Language

Message 41 of 297
20 July 2014 at 10:30am | IP Logged 
That sounds like quite the adventure!

Dating a hot Russian does indeed help your Russian. (I speak from experience) If you ever
end up in St. Petersburg, let me know. :D

Slovenia is on my wish list. It does look like a beautiful country.
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5123 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 42 of 297
20 July 2014 at 1:18pm | IP Logged 
@milesaway: I will! And dating a hot Russian is definitely not off the table, it's just that I am not quite ready
yet, plus it cannot under any circumstances be anyone related to my work. :-)

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4698 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 43 of 297
20 July 2014 at 1:37pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Little did I know that before the trip was over, I would be in excruciating pain, cast my eyes on a really hot guy, promise a high ranking Russian official that I'd deliver a speech in Russian in Moscow in front of 200 people (possibly including members of the government), and for all practical purposes propose to go skinny
dipping in the night with a guy I absolutely hate. After having told him so. All this while utterly and completely
sober.

When I read this paragraph, I thought to myself, "This sounds like the blurb for an interesting novel". And then I read on and realized that I was reading it! :)

Brilliant post, and I'm glad it all worked out well in the end!

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5123 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 44 of 297
20 July 2014 at 2:36pm | IP Logged 
Jeffers wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Little did I know that before the trip was over, I would be in
excruciating pain, cast my eyes on a really hot guy, promise a high ranking Russian official that I'd deliver a
speech in Russian in Moscow in front of 200 people (possibly including members of the government), and for
all practical purposes propose to go skinny
dipping in the night with a guy I absolutely hate. After having told him so. All this while utterly and completely
sober.

When I read this paragraph, I thought to myself, "This sounds like the blurb for an interesting novel". And then
I read on and realized that I was reading it! :)

Thank you! I did have a great time in the end, but the beginning was horrendous :-)

My mum always said that I was one of the few people she knew, who could go out to buy milk, and come
back with enough material to write a short story :-)

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 20 July 2014 at 2:39pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6409 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 45 of 297
20 July 2014 at 10:49pm | IP Logged 
You really do know how to tell a story.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5123 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 46 of 297
20 July 2014 at 11:46pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
You really do know how to tell a story.

Thank you :-)

Mani
Diglot
Germany
imsprachendickicht.b
Joined 4694 days ago

258 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Swedish, Portuguese, Latin, Welsh, Luxembourgish

Message 47 of 297
21 July 2014 at 8:10am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Jeffers wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Little did I know that before the trip was over, I would be in excruciating pain, cast my eyes on a really hot guy, promise a high ranking Russian official that I'd deliver a speech in Russian in Moscow in front of 200 people (possibly including members of the government), and for all practical purposes propose to go skinny dipping in the night with a guy I absolutely hate. After having told him so. All this while utterly and completely sober.

When I read this paragraph, I thought to myself, "This sounds like the blurb for an interesting novel". And then I read on and realized that I was reading it! :)

Thank you! I did have a great time in the end, but the beginning was horrendous :-)

My mum always said that I was one of the few people she knew, who could go out to buy milk, and come back with enough material to write a short story :-)

I had the same thoughts as Jeffers and even though I don't know you that well, from all the things I read in your posts, I think I would have seconded your Mum. :)

You really have a gift for storytelling. Seriously, ever thought about writing something? (I mean if your ever again have some spare moments ...)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5123 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 48 of 297
22 July 2014 at 4:57am | IP Logged 
Mani wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Jeffers wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Little did I know that
before the trip was over, I would be in excruciating pain, cast my eyes on a really hot guy, promise a high
ranking Russian official that I'd deliver a speech in Russian in Moscow in front of 200 people (possibly
including members of the government), and for all practical purposes propose to go skinny dipping in the
night with a guy I absolutely hate. After having told him so. All this while utterly and completely sober.

When I read this paragraph, I thought to myself, "This sounds like the blurb for an interesting novel". And then
I read on and realized that I was reading it! :)

My mum always said that I was one of the few people she knew, who could go out to buy milk, and come
back with enough material to write a short story :-)

I had the same thoughts as Jeffers and even though I don't know you that well, from all the things I read in
your posts, I think I would have seconded your Mum. :)

You really have a gift for storytelling. Seriously, ever thought about writing something? (I mean if your ever
again have some spare moments ...)

Thank you! That's me, natural born storyteller. I have thought of it lots of times, but as you so accurately point
out, there is the issue of available time, or rather the lack of available time :-)

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version