Pentaglot
England
Joined 4999 days ago

241 posts - 430 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Catalan, Luxembourgish

Message 113 of 134
18 May 2015 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
Hi, I've been away for half of May, but I'm here now and willing to study more Russian. I'll try to complete the Мой День challenge this week.
1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4654 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 114 of 134
27 June 2015 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
Hello team, this is your captain speaking: Please report in for duty!

Who of you is still on board and actively studying Russian? I must say I'm not a paragon of Slavophilia myself right now, but I hope to become more active on the Russian front again.

Would it make any sense to give you a challenge or would I be the only one to complete it again? If there's interest, we could also think about skyping. I don't think we've had a single Skype meeting this year, have we?

So, please report in! Thank you!

Команда Пушкин вперёд!

MonkelHansmann
Triglot
Germany
Joined 3563 days ago

15 posts - 17 votes
Speaks: German*, English, French
Studies: Russian

Message 115 of 134
27 June 2015 at 11:52pm | IP Logged 
I probably won't be able to complete any challenges, right now it is challenging enough to find time for some vocabulary and grammar once in a while.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4517 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 116 of 134
28 June 2015 at 2:29am | IP Logged 
I'm still actively working on my Russian. Mostly on details, though.

Nieng Zhonghan
Bilingual Tetraglot
Antarctica
Joined 3481 days ago

108 posts - 315 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Japanese*, Spanish, Galician
Studies: Finnish, Icelandic, Armenian, Mongolian
Studies: Old English, Russian, English, German, Korean, Mandarin

Message 117 of 134
28 June 2015 at 2:53am | IP Logged 
Здравствуйте, капитан Жоскен!

Я всё еще учу русский язык. Надеюсь, что отныне у меня будет больше времени, чтобы
работать над своим русским.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5144 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian

Message 118 of 134
28 June 2015 at 11:04am | IP Logged 
Hi,

My life is, as always, a heart attack waiting to happen. Last Thursday I sent an SMS to a friend noting the key
words of that day: Starting the day at 5 pm after 3 hours's sleep, hosting an international meeting, preparing
food for my daughter's graduation party, attending the graduation party, mediating between a friend and her
daughter, who both called for my help after a huge quarrel, stopping my friend from committing professional
and actual suicide after she accidentally smashed her violent and abusive ex-husband's glass front door and
he threatened to kill her, and then rushing to my daughter's rescue after she had broken her leg at an after
graduation party at the beach, ending the day at 3.30 in the morning at the emergency room of the hospital.
All this while having a severe cold I could not attend to (which gave me a cough which sounded like
tuberculosis) because of the three day international meeting I was hosting.

So all my daughter's holiday plans just went down the drains, and she needs full time attention from me,
because she cannot move, so my plans for the summer are also cancelled for the next few weeks.

Now you may think that these are excuses for not doing Russian, but I have actually studied lots of Russian
lately. I have had approximately 20 private lessons the last weeks, and I try to write a little Russian every day.
On the 25th of July I am also going to Russia, where I will first do a four week course in Moscow, before I try
to sit for the B1 exam.

And after that the real exam comes. I have signed up for a one week trip to the Lake Bajkal with a Russian
group. An all Russian group. Russian guide and Russian tourists. I half expect to learn more that last week
than the first four weeks in Moscow. And if you do not hear from me after August, you know that I
misunderstood a message of where to turn up when, and I am stranded somewhere in Russia. :-)

And here is the challenge: Posted a little late, I know, but please give us new challenges Josquin!

I am also up for a Skype session if there are more who will join in.

How are the rest of you doing?

МОЙ ДЕНЬ

Каждый день я просыпаюсь в 6 часов. Через несколько минут я встаю, принимаю душ, чищу зубы, и
завтракаю. Иногда хожу в спортзал, и потом еду на работу на автобусе. Я работаю в офисе за
компьютером, я проверяю электронную почту и отвечаю на письма.

Иногда я езжу в командировки за границу. Это очень приятно.

Мой рабочий день в принципе заканчивается в 3 часа. Но обычно я работаю до пяти. Я приезжаю
домой в шесть часов, готовлю ужин. Потом мы с дочерьми ужинаем. после ужина убираюсь на кухне,
потом чуть-чуть сижу в интернете и в одиннадцать часов я ложусь спать.

5 persons have voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4517 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 119 of 134
28 June 2015 at 11:32am | IP Logged 
I'm up for a Skype meeting but I do have to warn you all in advance that I am in China
and will be travelling. I have my laptop with me, but I may be calling from Some Hostel
in the Middle of Nowhere. Or in a metropolis. Whichever happens to suit your schedules
best.

Edited by tarvos on 28 June 2015 at 11:32am

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5144 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian

Message 120 of 134
28 June 2015 at 12:21pm | IP Logged 
How about a mini-challenge just for the coming week? We all seem to be in summer hibernation right
now, so maybe we all need a small kick to get us started? ( And this would not be instead of Josquin's
challenges - though you may chose to include his challenge as one of your goals).

My proposal is this:

1. State your goals for the week (today or one of the first days of the week). They do not have to be very
ambitious. Anything from 'Learn 10 words and read 10 sentences" to 'Read 100 pages' is good. You know
your level, your needs and your capacity.
2. Report back to us in this thread, either at the end of the week or as often as you feel like it (preferably not
more than three times a day :-)

And you can start right now so you have something to report already this evening if you like :-) You may of
course also report it if you did something that you did not state in your goals :-)

Go, go, go!!

My goals for the week

Oral
Have at least 4 Russian classes this week

Writing

Produce at least one text of minimum 50 words

Grammar

Repeat the following lessons in 'Teach yourself Russian Grammar'

- Stress and spelling rules (2)
- Gender of nouns (3)
- Nominative singular (4)
- Nominative plural (5)
- Nominative plural irregular (6)
- Accusative singular (7) - and adjectives (24)
- Accusative plural (8) and adjectives (25)
- Accusative plural irregular (9)
- Genitive singular (10)
- Genitive plural (11) and adjectives (26)
- Genitive plural irregular (12) and adjectives (27)
- Dative singular (13) and adjectives (28)
- Dative plural (14) and adjectives (29)
- Instrumental singular (15) and adjectives (30)
- Instrumental plural (16) and adjectives (31)
- Prepositional singular (17) and adjectives (32)
- Prepositional plural (18) and adjectives (33)
- Nouns: six case summary (19)

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 28 June 2015 at 4:49pm

This discussion contains 134 messages over 17 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version