Diglot
United States
Joined 5171 days ago

1265 posts - 2113 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French

Message 33 of 36
07 July 2015 at 6:21pm | IP Logged 
That's definitely the key... enjoy what you are doing. If you get lucky and enjoy using the good courses you will progress really fast. I just get satisfaction out of progress and it makes the Spanish journey really enjoyable.
2 persons have voted this message useful

BOLIO
United States
Joined 4454 days ago

253 posts - 366 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 34 of 36
07 July 2015 at 7:41pm | IP Logged 

The one thing I would add is that it gets much better. I grew tired of the courses (sadly, I have never finished FSI-the greatest course of all IMO). However, as you start to move away from the courses and are able to work more with native materials the level of enjoyment is much MUCH higher.

Having said all that, I did not lose steam with Assimil until late in the active phase. If I were starting another language I think I would incorporate Assimil into it if it were available and FSI as well.

Keep at it and I enjoy the log.

2 persons have voted this message useful

BeBetter
United States
Joined 3287 days ago

18 posts - 22 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 35 of 36
15 July 2015 at 1:59pm | IP Logged 
Internet problems last weekend and into this week kept me from updating my log!

Kind of a mini mile stone last week, I finished pimselur II.

Everything is still going strong, I feel like I am getting better and better with the
past tense. Its funny that I am just now "learning about the past tense" but I have
been using it for a long time now in the pimselur tapes and never even knew it.

My weekly italki lessons have been going great. I wish I had more time to take a
lesson or two during the week, I really enjoy the lessons. I am starting to get more
and more homework, which I really like.

My reading has been doing well also, I am reading from Assimil everyday and also I
have been reading my Geo Florida book which is a always a nice change of pace. However
I do think I am losing a bit of steam working out of grammar workbook, only one lesson
completed last week. I really need to keep doing one lesson a day and keeping it a
habit.

With the internet out last weekend it kind of put a hinder on my Star Wars watching.
But I will continue this week. I only have 3 more episodes to finish season 1. I did
find something pretty interesting on Spotify (a music app), when you listen to a song
you can hit lyrics and it will give a full list of the lyrics and highlight the words
that are being sand. I thought this was very neat.

Also, I think I may listen to the MT foundations tapes again during car rides, more of
passive listening. Always after my pimselur tape though.

Progress
Pimseleur 3- Tape 2
Gramatica De Uso - Lesson 25
Star Wars Clone Wars- 3 more EPs till the end of season 1
Assimil Lesson 29
1 person has voted this message useful

tesse
Canada
Joined 3224 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes
Studies: French, Italian, Mandarin

Message 36 of 36
22 July 2015 at 6:12am | IP Logged 
Whatever you choose, the important thing is to stick with it. There are lots of opportunities to train your ear to
a variety of different Spanish speakers--Miami is 'the oasis'.

Enjoy--and keep us posted. (I am going to resume watching Destinos. Been ages and I quit but this time I
will stick with it...)

:0)

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 36 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version