99 messages over 13 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7 ... 12 13 Next >>
Sir Nigel
United States
Joined 6863 days ago

1126 posts - 1102 votes 
2 sounds

Message 49 of 99
11 September 2006 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
VAT is short for value added tax and it applies to people in Europe and some other places. Something dispatched to the States won't have it.

Patuco, you should ask the people at Assimil to remove the VAT as Gibraltar is exempt from it.

Edited by Sir Nigel on 11 September 2006 at 9:45pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Farley
Triglot
United States
Joined 6851 days ago

681 posts - 739 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, GermanB1, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 50 of 99
11 September 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
Sir Nigel wrote:
Patuco, you should ask the people at Assimil to remove the VAT as Gibraltar is exempt from it.

Just to clarify, I’m 99.9% certain I was not charged with the tax, if they had I think I would have noticed. Part of the order was to identify your country so I’m certain Gibraltar would be exempt from the tax. Assimil has probably been the best company I have dealt with online, so I wouldn’t anticipate too many problems.

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6774 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 51 of 99
12 September 2006 at 6:59am | IP Logged 
Sir Nigel wrote:

As John mentioned, the courses available on Amazon.fr are actually cheaper than from Assimil. If I need something direct from Assimil, I'm sure they would remove the VAT if they are as good as John says.

Edited by patuco on 12 September 2006 at 6:59am

zack
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 6968 days ago

122 posts - 127 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, Spanish, French
Studies: Mandarin

Message 52 of 99
18 September 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged 
For people residing in North America, Schoenhof's, the foreign language bookstore In Cambridge, MA, is a good source. They have a good selection of Assimil-Programs at $72 for the CD-version and ca $62 for tapes. You can order online.
I'm not sure if they would also get Assimil-Programs for you at the same price if they don't carry them regularly (eg programs based on languages other than English and French). That might be worth investigating because figuring in exchange-rate and shipping-costs, ordering from them comes out cheaper (in most cases) than ordering from Amazon.fr.

Zorndyke
Diglot
Germany
Joined 6717 days ago

374 posts - 382 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: Czech

Message 53 of 99
26 September 2006 at 3:04pm | IP Logged 
Does anyone know where I can buy the new Assimil - L´Arabe without having to pay via credit card or cheque?
These payment options are inacceptable, but as it seems neither assimil.com nor amazon.fr accept money transfers or payment per direct debit - or I just wasn´t able to translate the French websites correctly...

Edited by Zorndyke on 26 September 2006 at 3:09pm

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6774 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 54 of 99
26 September 2006 at 4:52pm | IP Logged 
You're right, neither assimil nor amazon accept money transfers nor direct debits.

You could try in a large bookshop, although it'll probably be more expensive.

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6668 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 55 of 99
24 January 2007 at 4:19pm | IP Logged 
I checked Assimil.com for retailers in Sweden and found just one:
http://www.sprakbokhandeln.se/ - which is very hard to browse, and I can't find any Assimil courses.

The other day I tried a search enginge and found http://www.univerb.se/ which has Assimil courses for sale at just about the same prices (629 SEK).

But you can get them a lot cheaper from AdLibris - from anywhere from 350 SEK to 547 SEK. AdLibris doesn't always have the best product info so before you buy anything, make sure you get what you expect. The people at the customer service are very helpful, and you can always ask questions about ISBN, different editions, what's included et.c.

Roger
United Kingdom
Joined 6351 days ago

159 posts - 161 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Indonesian

Message 56 of 99
09 February 2007 at 7:56am | IP Logged 
Does anyone know any stores in Britain that sell this 'Perfezionamento dell'Inglese'? it's the 'using english' for italians. It's just the book im after.

Edited by Roger on 09 February 2007 at 8:34am

This discussion contains 99 messages over 13 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version