Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
92 messages over 12 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 ... 11 12 Next >>
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6258 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 65 of 92
20 February 2013 at 3:40pm | IP Logged 
luke wrote:
Other Stuff I've started thinking to myself in Esperanto at times.
I probably should have been doing this all along. It has been happening spontaneously at
times, but I can see finding more of my own personal needs for expression if I force
myself to carry on an inner dialogue.

That's definitely the way to go. Also use the
Self-talk exercise. You won't need to
study so many courses if you can start speaking Esperanto with yourself and with others.
If you have time this weekend, you could join an Esperanto conversation on Skype.
3 persons have voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6993 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 66 of 92
26 February 2013 at 6:04pm | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi wrote:
luke wrote:
Other Stuff I've started thinking to myself in Esperanto at times. I probably should have been doing this all along. It has been happening spontaneously at times, but I can see finding more of my own personal needs for expression if I force myself to carry on an inner dialogue.

That's definitely the way to go. Also use the
Self-talk exercise. You won't need to
study so many courses if you can start speaking Esperanto with yourself and with others.
If you have time this weekend, you could join an Esperanto conversation on Skype.

Thanks for the invitation. I think that would be fun at some point. Probably just expose a lot of holes in my learning right now. :)

Here is what I've been up to in Esperanto.

Pasaporte al la Tuta Mondo this past week has been primarily listening to the audio in the car. I'm on lesson 8 of 16. I haven't taken much time to watch the videos this past week.

La Bona Lingvo I'm on page 32 of 108. This is still a challenging book.

Jen Nia Mondo My 4th pass continues. Although I've done some work this last week, I'm still on lesson 14 or 15 of 25.

Gerda Malaperis I'm on my second trip through the book. I listen/shadow this in the car, and listen/read with the book. I'm on chapter 15 of 25.

The Esperanto Teacher Currently on recording 25 of 69. I hate to give up on a track that I've gone so far into, but I am starting to think about using a podcast rather than this audiobook.

Karlo I'm on chapter 15 of 20 - first time through. It's getting easier to read. I haven't used the translate.google.com crutch for a week or so.

Esperanto Autodidakte I'm on page 174 of 194. If I were to take another stab at this course, I'd start at the end, as that's where the meat is and go backwards.

Other Stuff I've been listening to some Radio Esperanto podcasts while making getting ready for work in the morning.

Edited by luke on 26 February 2013 at 10:18pm

1 person has voted this message useful

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6993 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 67 of 92
06 March 2013 at 6:18pm | IP Logged 
Pasaporte al la Tuta Mondo I watched videos 13-16 one night this week. Much easier to understand this time. I think it will be helpful to read the dialogues to pickup on some extra vocabulary. I listened to a few of the earlier lessons in the car and have listened to all of the later videos in the background.

La Bona Lingvo I've made good progress this week. Today I'm on page 81 of 108. The style is still challenging, but I'm glad I'm marching forward instead of going back to the beginning and crawling through the book.

Jen Nia Mondo My 4th pass continues, but lacks enthusiasm. I've read lessons 15-17 this week and shadowed through lesson 25 of 25.

Gerda Malaperis I finished my second trip through the story and picked up most of it. I'm putting this one on the back burner for a bit.

The Esperanto Teacher Currently on recording 30 of 69. The last several lessons were recorded by an Englishman who's accent is not as agreeable to me as Nicholas James Bridgewater. Now I'm thinking this is a decent supplement to stories, podcasts, etc, rather than as a "main course".

Karlo I finished Karlo this week. I'm going through it again and it is much easier this second time. I'm on chapter 3 of 20.

Esperanto Autodidakte I'm still on page 174 of 194. This book didn't get cracked this week, as I'm into the advanced lessons in Using French, which shares a time and place with this book.

Teach Yourself Esperanto has a spot in the downstairs restroom. I'm reading this one a bit at time. It's good for that sort of thing. It has grammar, readings, translation practice, etc. I didn't start at the beginning, but rather at chapter 5 of 15. I'm on page 58 of 297. The last part of the book is a vortaro.

Pasxoj al Plena Posedo estas lernolibro. Gxi havas tridek pasxoj. Me legis pasxoj un, du, kaj tri. Estas bona. Gxi helpas min pensi esperanten.

Other Stuff I've been listening to Radio Verda podcasts in the car, where I'm on podcast 9 of 197. I also listen to Radio Esperanto while getting ready for work. The podcasts are tougher than the rest of the things I'm doing, but they are more interesting.

I've found it much easier to think in Esperanto after reading Karlo or La Bona Lingvo, at least temporarily. Right now I'm listening to Le Petit Prince, so my Esperanto engine is turned off at the moment.

Edited by luke on 06 March 2013 at 6:30pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

MultipackCan
Ireland
Joined 4072 days ago

20 posts - 28 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto

Message 68 of 92
06 March 2013 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
Thanks this is a great log, lots of resources.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6993 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 69 of 92
11 March 2013 at 1:39pm | IP Logged 
Pasaporte al la Tuta Mondo Me ne rigardis ajnan videobendon cxi semajno. Mi auxskultis leciono dek. La plej parte de la lecionoj mi tre bone komprenas.

La Bona Lingvo Hodiaŭ mi finis la libron por la unua fojo. Mi komencis legi ĝin denove.

Jen Nia Mondo Mi aŭskultis kaj parolis lecionojn dek naŭ tra dudek tri.

The Esperanto Teacher Currently on recording 32 of 69.

Karlo Ĉi tiu dua fojo tra la libro mi estas en ĉapitro ok.

Esperanto Autodidakte Mi legis kelkajn paĝojn.

That's enough writing in Esperanto. I don't really want to practice writing wrong. For me, I think it will be better to work on some translation exercises where the answers are available to correct me where I am wrong.

Teach Yourself Esperanto I don't know what page I'm on, but I am a few pages further than last week. I think I'm starting chapter 6 of 15.

Pasxoj al Plena Posedo estas lernolibro. Gxi havas tridek pasxoj. Me legis pasxoj un, tri kaj kvar. Gxi helpas min pensi esperanten. This book throws a lot of vocabulary at the student. Some of the writings tend to use new roots, rather than reusing more common Esperanto roots. It's definitely worth reading though.

Other Stuff I've been listening to Radio Verda podcasts in the car, where I'm on podcast 14 of 197. I also listen to Radio Esperanto while getting ready for work. The podcasts are tougher than most of the rest of the things I'm doing in Esperanto.

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6993 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 70 of 92
13 March 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged 
Mi havis ideon kaj mi volas komparti gxin. Estas pri la lingvostudo. Mia ideo estas multlerni la baza lingvo bonege. Sed, kiel oni faras tion? Mi legas. Kun esperanta lingvo oni povas koni kiel oni diras io. Do, legu bone. Kiam oni povas legi rapide, oni povas fari tradukekzercojn por perfekigi kiom oni uzas la lingvon.

Mi rompas mian ideon nun cxar mi volas memori gxin. Mi suspektas ke mi ne skribas perfekte, sed ne gravas.

Ankaux mi pensis ke se mi legis pluraj verkoj de Claude Piron, mi faris bonan komencon.

Parenteze, me kredas ke la libro Vere aŭ fantazie estos utila.

Edited by luke on 20 March 2013 at 7:22pm

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6993 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 71 of 92
25 April 2013 at 2:54am | IP Logged 
I haven't been studying Esperanto as systematically as French, but I do some every day. Things I've been doing lately are listening to and reading Gerda Malaperis. I'm looking at the vocabulary and doing the exercises on lernu.net.

I've also done lessons 16-18 in Jen Nia Mondo since my last update. I added these dialogues to my "in the car" thumbdrive.

I'm reading La Bona Lingvo for the third time. I'm on chapter 5 today.

I do a tiny bit of Teach Yourself Esperanto each day.

I'm listening to more episodes of Radio Verda in the car.

Edited by luke on 25 April 2013 at 2:55am

luke
Diglot
United States
Joined 6993 days ago

3133 posts - 4351 votes 

Message 72 of 92
25 April 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged 
Another resource I've been using lately is Doctor Benson's Esperanto Method. This is a cool set of videos with pages from the book and a voice over with a pleasant accent. Good for fans of comprehensible input.

Edited by luke on 25 April 2013 at 8:08am

This discussion contains 92 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version