Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

6 Week Challenge in May?

Language Learning Forum : General discussion (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
220 messages over 28 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 ... 27 28 Next >>
Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5656 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 65 of 220
26 April 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
Magdalene wrote:
...I caved. /facepalm. Lucky Charms's use of Twitter intrigued me; I can't resist the
temptation of following the Tweets von den Wise Guys. :P I'm signed up as RiverOverrun
for Polish.

Another Wise Guys fan! *freu*
1 person has voted this message useful

psy88
United States
Joined 5554 days ago

469 posts - 882 votes 
Studies: Spanish*, Japanese, Latin, French

Message 66 of 220
27 April 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged 
I idea of the 6 week May challenge is just the thing I needed to recharge my motivation and renew my dedication. I am not sure if I will focus on Spanish or French but I will decide before the start date. I am not joining "officially"(no twitter, no posting logs,no competing, etc) but I am determined to work hard,stay disciplined, a keep to a rigorous schedule. It can help me just knowing that others are doing likewise. I would guess(hope?) that there are others out there who are joining in the Challenge but, like myself, not officially participating.

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 6105 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 67 of 220
27 April 2011 at 7:03am | IP Logged 
Curse you all. You have convinced me to join again. And I'm changing my mind for the fourth time, I promise I won't do it again. Unless, of course, I do.

This time, my declared language will be Indonesian. I know exactly three words of Indonesian (saya, selamat, and bahasa), and very little about its grammatical structure except for the fact that it's reputedly very easy to learn, so that should give you an idea of my level in it.

I'll be using Teach Yourself Indonesian, which I already have on hand, and probably Assimil's L'Indonésien Sans Peine as well, which I still have to purchase.

Edited by ellasevia on 28 April 2011 at 2:00am

finn
Australia
Joined 5377 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Speaks: English*

Message 68 of 220
27 April 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged 
Hola, i'm in. i should be a lot better than i am but because of my horrible work ethic...this should be just the thing!

liddytime
Pentaglot
United States
mainlymagyar.wordpre
Joined 6192 days ago

693 posts - 1328 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Galician
Studies: Hungarian, Vietnamese, Modern Hebrew, Norwegian, Persian, Arabic (Written)

Message 69 of 220
27 April 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Curse you all. You have convinced me to join again. And I'm changing my mind for the fourth
time, I promise I won't do it again. Unless, of course, I do.

This time, my declared language will be Indonesian. I know exactly three words of Indonesian (saya,
selamat, and bahasa), and very little about its grammatical structure except for the fact that it's
reputedly very easy to learn, so that should give you an idea of my level in it.

I'll be using Teach Yourself Indonesian, which I already have on hand, and probably Assimil's Le Indonésien Sans
Peine as well, which I still have to purchase.

Dont forget the "Learning Indonesian Podcast"
www.learningindonesian.com

It is really, really good.
They almost did it like a Pimsleur course but one where they actually teach a considerable
amount of vocabulary!

Don't forget Orangutan (lit. "man of the forest") , Satay, Bamboo, Ketchup ( from kecap) Paddy , Sarong and , of
course, Gong!!!    You know more bahasa than you think!! ;0)

Edited by liddytime on 28 April 2011 at 3:42am

5 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5221 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 70 of 220
27 April 2011 at 10:57pm | IP Logged 
I'm in! I'll do Russian, since I already know Spanish. :)
Oh, and my Twitter name is amy_burr if anyone wants to know...

Edit: I'm changing mine to Arabic, because that was supposed to be the main language I'm
studying this year and I've been completely neglecting it. :S

Edited by zecchino1991 on 29 April 2011 at 7:06pm

Just a Dreamer
Groupie
Egypt
Joined 4974 days ago

59 posts - 62 votes 
Studies: English, French

Message 71 of 220
28 April 2011 at 1:21am | IP Logged 
I'm in but for Greek ! I'm really need to start learning Greek 'coz of many reasons !! I'll try to use "Learn Greek By Radio" maybe I'll think for another resources , but I think for the moment It'll be fit for my schedule ,'coz my main study for now is English.

Edited by Just a Dreamer on 28 April 2011 at 1:23am

boisjolie
United States
Joined 5256 days ago

26 posts - 40 votes
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 72 of 220
28 April 2011 at 9:13am | IP Logged 
I just saw this thread. Thank goodness I did, too. This challenge would be greatly helpful for my studies, and with a trip to Costa Rica in mid-June, I'll have a perfect opportunity to put this all to good use by course end. Count me in for Spanish

This discussion contains 220 messages over 28 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version