5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 41 of 232
05 December 2009 at 8:46pm | IP Logged 
-Kupo- wrote:
I think 3 should be the number also. I feel the same as Jiwon, if the groups are too big we could lose track of things and not be able to follow everyone elses blogs intently.

Obviously a group with 2 people is a serious problem.

A group with two people is too small, there should be 3-4 participants in one group. I am (unofficially without logging) studying Spanish from time to time and I can give qualified advice in Dutch. So Vos is welcome in my group. But we need one or two people more for this group.

Fasulye

PS: I would like to have a Danish/Swedish/Turkish language speaker/learner in my group!!!

Edited by Fasulye on 06 December 2009 at 11:09am

1 person has voted this message useful

dragonfly
Triglot
Russian Federation
Joined 6290 days ago

204 posts - 233 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, EnglishC2, Spanish
Studies: German, Italian, Mandarin

Message 43 of 232
05 December 2009 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
I think, I'm also interested in participating. The main goal for me will be raising Mandarin to the intermediate level, and a little bit of German and Spanish.

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5377 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Polish

Message 44 of 232
06 December 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged 
Fasulye wrote:

A group with two people is too small, there should be 3-4 participants in one group. I am (unofficially without
logging) studying Spanish from time to time and I can give qualified advice in Dutch. So Vos is welcome in my
group. But we need one or two people more for this group.

Fasulye

PS: I would like to have a Danish/Swedish language speaker/learner in my group!!!

Hartelijk bedankt Fausyle. I couldn't ask for anyone more suited to my language interests in my team. So it's
very much appreciated.

Now hopefully we can add someone to our group that will be able to help you out with some interesting insights
in to Danish and/or Swedish.

doviende
Diglot
Canada
languagefixatio
Joined 5797 days ago

533 posts - 1245 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Hindi, Swedish, Portuguese

Message 45 of 232
06 December 2009 at 1:48am | IP Logged 
I'd like to clarify that I'll be studying German, Esperanto and Swedish in 2010. I will not be actively working on Mandarin or Spanish this year, but those are listed as the "common" languages for the team I'm on.

German: I'd place myself firmly as an Intermediate, maybe Basic Fluency since I understand most of the TV that I watch...I just don't get much speaking practice, which will be my focus for the year. I'll be moving to Berlin in May, and staying until about December, so I'll get lots of practice there :)

Esperanto: I started from scratch in the last week of November, and I've done a total of 29.5 hours of study so far, and my goal is to hit 200 hours of study, and to go to at least one Esperanto event in 2010.

Swedish: I'm a total beginner, I've never studied it in any way. My goal for 2010 is basic fluency, and to read several novels. I just ordered The Hobbit in Swedish, in dead-tree format and audiobook, so I can do some L-R with a story that I already know.

Anyway, my current team is just fine, as long as they know that I won't be doing any Mandarin or Spanish like it says on the team list. I can certainly assist quite easily with Mandarin, though.

Edited by doviende on 06 December 2009 at 1:49am

LuxEtVeritas
Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 5516 days ago

50 posts - 65 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, German, Italian

Message 46 of 232
06 December 2009 at 7:44am | IP Logged 
I'd like to join the team total annihilation challenge if at all possible (I don't know
if it's too late). My goals for this year are as follows:

German: I'd say I'm intermediate. I understand a lot of what I hear, can read with
basic fluency, but sometimes have a difficult time communicating. My goal for the end
of the year is to be fluent.

Italian: I am pretty much a beginner. When I was a child I could speak Italian
fluently, as my father's side of the family is all Italian. However, once my family and
I moved away from my father's side of the family (when I was five), I slowly lost my
ability to comprehend and speak the language. I have now been studying for perhaps a
month and am picking it up with ease. My goal, therefor, will be complete fluency by
the end of the year.

French: I am also a beginner in French but have high hopes to be at an intermediate-
advanced level by the end of this year.

I hope I am not too late to be put on a team, if I am even eligible (I understand any
hesitation)! Instead of learning French I would also be willing to learn most any other
language if it would make putting me on a team easier.

Thanks everyone, I am really enjoying this forum!

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6281 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 47 of 232
06 December 2009 at 10:42am | IP Logged 
Doviende, I don't study Spanish either. However, I shall be able to help you with both Esperanto and German, so I think the team works fine. Levi also studies German, so the team's languages can be explained as "Mandarin, German, Esperanto and Spanish, pick two" ;-)

Edited by Sprachprofi on 06 December 2009 at 10:44am

egill
Diglot
United States
Joined 5507 days ago

418 posts - 791 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin, English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch

Message 48 of 232
06 December 2009 at 11:18am | IP Logged 
Hello. I'd love to join the TAC team challenge if it's not too late. Is this the right way to request to do so? My native language is English and I also grew up with and have studied Mandarin. I have studied German, Icelandic, Spanish, and Cantonese to varying degrees. I'd like to focus mainly on German and Icelandic.

German—My German is somewhere between A2 and B1 and I'd like to get it to at least B2 and hopefully C1 by the end of the year. I will be taking classes for one quarter in school and otherwise will continue to study on my own.

Icelandic—I took a class in Old Norse and will continue to do so for one more quarter. I hope to transition from this into Modern Icelandic. I have TY, linguaphone, colloquial, and Einarsson at my disposal. My goal is to get to B1.

Mandarin—This is my quasi-native language which is at a pretty high level. I'd like to work on vocabulary expansion by reading novels.

This discussion contains 232 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version