TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6147 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Russian, Japanese, French

Message 65 of 115
09 April 2010 at 1:44pm | IP Logged 
I was actually a little bit anxious whether you would enjoy it or not, glad you liked it!

I can wholeheartedly recommend the sequels Sällskapsresan 2 and 3. They are classics as well with some unforgettable lines.. I'm laughing right now when I think about a certain scene in the second movie where the guy wants to order some ice...

I'll try to come up with more Swedish comedies, but it's hard since I watched most of them when I was a kid (perhaps they are not exactly as awesome as I remember them). ;)

So with that disclaimer, I also recommend "Sunes Sommar". Prepare to see the ultimate Swedish dad in action! ;D

Edited by M. Medialis on 09 April 2010 at 1:45pm

1 person has voted this message useful

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6147 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 

Message 66 of 115
25 April 2010 at 12:45am | IP Logged 
Well. I'm having a brutal amount of work to do right now, as I have to hand in my bachelor's degree paper in a week, and have loads and loads of other course work to do.

So I just wanted to say that I'm still alive and kicking. -And I have some grand language learning plans for this summer when everything is over.

Right now, I try to read some parallell texts before I fall asleep, and squeeze in some LR or passive listening if I have a minute where I'm not occupied by anything else (lol, but these darn graph problems have a tendency to steal my passive time as well. Guess I have one of those Andrew Wiles personalities).

Even though I might not write very much at this forum the coming month, I will definitely check the team logs everyday.

For great justice!

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5346 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 67 of 115
01 May 2010 at 5:43am | IP Logged 
Best of luck over these next few intense weeks, mate! I hope you nail that Bachelor's degree paper and manage to obtain top marks in the coursework too. Take off every zig! ;)

Edited by Teango on 01 May 2010 at 7:41am

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6147 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 

Message 68 of 115
16 May 2010 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
TAC Log nr 12

GAAAH. Blargh blargh blargh.

I just got an intense rush of passionate laguage learning desires. It's been a while since the last time - it burns like fire! I could seriously go for a 6 hour scriptorium session or anything but I need to spend my time studying for my exams. Gah. The degree paper and most of the lab reports and project papers have been handed in now, so it's only four exams between me and the freedom to spend my time doing whatever I want (Languages!).

Ah, sorry. Just needed to vent this positive frustration. In less than two weeks from now everything will calm down, and I have my last exam at 8 June. I just need to revive this fire when the vacation starts, so that I can achieve some baffling results this summer.

Kanji count: 1439

Wikipedia coverage: 76.91 %

I've naturally had to stop learning new kanjis during this period. But I've been doing my repetitions, and I can proudly say that I have 1191 cards at 4+ successful reviews.

Dual wield. Or Double the action, Double the excitement!

When my Japanese immersion weakened, I got the chance to throw in some Russian during the day. And I have been experimenting with switching between reading Russian-English and Japanese-English parallel texts before going to sleep with just a few minutes inbetween. This was impossible before as my strong Russian voice intimidated my insecure Japanese thoughts. After some weeks doing this, I can now switch between the languages without feeling awkward.

So I hereby declare that I, M. Medialis, is going dual!

I want my Russian and Japanese to live and prosper side-by-side. As trusted friends. Business partners. But still keeping their territorial lines intact. (Just as in the real world! ?).

Actions during the past weeks

I bought a Russian magazine today and just started to plainly read it without a dictionary on the train. I was very surprised when I realized I could actually understand what the articles were all about. I believe I have about 90-95 % comprehension. Living the novice Japanese life simply made me forget that my level of Russian reading comprehension was so good.

Current plan

Survive the exam period.

-----------------------------------------------------

Team K - M. Medialis

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
Joined 5346 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 

Message 69 of 115
16 May 2010 at 3:43am | IP Logged 
M. Medialis wrote:
Current plan

Survive the exam period.

I hear where you're coming from. I was once a Cambridge galley slave in a similar sea to you, dreaming of blue skies and freedom once I reached shore and broke the chains. The hours can be a real killer, to be sure, but if you just put in your best for this short stretch, you'll feel so happy and relieved when it's all done and dusted...and then you can kick back and chill out with kanji coolers all over the summer holidays. :)

Edited by Teango on 16 May 2010 at 6:12am

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6147 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 

Message 70 of 115
28 May 2010 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
Alright, now I've just had my third exam in four days, and I'm exhausted and happy. :)

All reports are handed in and passed. I got an A on my bachelor's degree paper (yay!) and now I can finally start living a life again (did anyone say the word 'language studies'? ;D ).

(Actually, I still have a couple of exams left to do, but now I at least have the time to do other things without being harrassed by my bad conscience).

So what do I do with this newly attained semi-freedom? I think I'm just going to relax with some anime. -Becoming Japanese this very evening. Tomorrow I'll make an attempt to summon my dormant Russian personality who has been dormant since February. Hope he's still nice.

In the near future I'll create some plans and goals and dreams for the summer. I'm very inspired by Teango's Spanish experiment, so we'll see what happens.

Edited by M. Medialis on 28 May 2010 at 7:29pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
Joined 5346 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 

Message 71 of 115
01 June 2010 at 10:22am | IP Logged 
Fantastic news on the bachelor's degree paper! I bet that's a real weight off your shoulders now...and once all the exams are over, you definitely deserve to go out and fiesta!

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6147 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 

Message 72 of 115
04 June 2010 at 10:55pm | IP Logged 
TAC Log nr 13

I'll have my last exam before my summer vacations on wednesday. So I will just briefly sketch up my plans for the summer.

First of all, I want to make a Russian sprint. As soon as I have freshed up my Russian in all areas, I plan to dive out into the scary and exciting world of Skype-exchanges.

Regarding Japanese, I need to find good material to LR. This must be an active mission the upcoming weeks.

This summer, I will spend 5 weeks working in a factory, doing repetitive and brainless assembly work. Many would regard this as dull, but since it's TAC, there's only one thing that can come to mind: 8 hours of active daily immersion!! I just need some ideas on how to effectively spend those 8 hours of listening. If I make preparations every evening, with some vocab look-up etc, I may benefit from listening to non-instructive audio such as radio and podcasts. Any ideas?

Actions during the past weeks

In order to guarantee that I'll do high-quality LR, I've bought Crime and Punishment as an audiobook. Reading the Karamazov Brothers by Dostoyevsky last summer was one of the most thrilling things I've done, so I'm sure I'll get a big number of passionate learning learning hours without even trying.

Current plan

Look for Japanese LR materials.

And..Well, go back to the physics book..But I do see the light in the tunnel.

-----------------------------------------------------

Team K - M. Medialis

Edited by M. Medialis on 04 June 2010 at 10:56pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 115 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version