Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
360 messages over 45 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 ... 44 45 Next >>

Mae
Trilingual Octoglot
Pro Member
Germany
Joined 4780 days ago

299 posts - 499 votes 
Speaks: German*, SpanishC2*, Swiss-German*, FrenchC2, EnglishC2, ItalianB2, Dutch, Portuguese
Studies: Russian, Swedish
Personal Language Map

Message 81 of 360
04 January 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged 
In bocca al lupo, Emme!
Ci vediamo sul nostro sito ;-)
1 person has voted this message useful

sans-serif
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4348 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 82 of 360
04 January 2013 at 10:10am | IP Logged 
Julie wrote:
Does SVT Play work for you in Italy? I get "Videon är inte tillgänglig." most of the times because of my IP.

A lot of programs are only available in Sweden, but if you look under Samhälle & Fakta and Kultur & Nöje, you should find many that can be viewed anywhere. The rule of thumb is a show is only available if it's an in-house production.

You could also check out Utbildningsradion's streaming service UR Play. My personal recommendation is their show En bok, en författare which is basically a series of author interviews that come with quite accurate subtitles in Swedish. It was a great help when I was transitioning to native speaker podcasts.
5 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5136 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 83 of 360
05 January 2013 at 6:48pm | IP Logged 
Thanks everybody for dropping by and saying hallo! 2013 promises to be a very exciting year for language learning, and I wish everybody good luck!

Julie wrote:
[...] Does SVT Play work for you in Italy? I get "Videon är inte tillgänglig." most of the times because of my IP.

sans-serif is right, usually it’s just SVT productions that can be streamed from abroad. So there’s lots of entertainment and news programmes that I can view (most of the time they are the kind of programmes that I wouldn’t normally watch if they were in my mother tongue, but beggars can't be choosers, can they?).

Of course the kind of programmes I’d rather watch are scripted ones, like TV-movies and series, just because they are so rare!

Sometimes in the Film & Drama category there are some programmes I can watch from Italy: right now, for instance there are 2 Fjällbackamorden episodes. They are based on Camilla Läckberg’s popular thrillers. They should be available for three more weeks, so you should have enough time to watch them. And what’s even better is that if you need it, you can also have the “textad” version, i.e. you can get the subtitles to display.
3 persons have voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 84 of 360
06 January 2013 at 1:15am | IP Logged 
A quale città abiti, Emme? =)

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5136 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 85 of 360
13 January 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged 
@fabriciocarraro
I've PMed you.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5136 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 86 of 360
13 January 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged 
At long last I have a couple of minutes to update my log!

The TAC effect has been noticeable so far. Apart from the time spent reading every Viking and MIR log (by the way, I’m not done yet, so please be patient, I need some more time before I’ve dropped by and said hallo to each and every one of you!), I’ve managed to dedicate some half hours (hello Pomodoro technique!) to actual language learning.

After about 6 months of neglect, last week I restarted with Swedish. In a few weeks’ time I should finish my first beginner’s textbook. In fact, I’ve started half a dozen of them, but apart from reading through my grammar, I’ve never finished one! This year I want to be more efficient and to concentrate on just one textbook at a time. I hope to be able to persevere on one until I’m done with it (or at least until I’ve finished a planned chunk of the book: Svenska utifrån for instance covers all levels from A1 to B1, so it probably makes sense to divide it up).

I’m still going strong with Russian and the Assimil Experiment. Not that I’ve put in the kind of hours that other forum members regularly log, but as of today I’ve been studying for 74 consecutive days and that for me is already a success.

As far as other languages are concerned, I didn’t do much. I’ve started rebuilding a German Anki deck to replace the one I lost last year and I’ve studied/reviewed the first lesson in the textbook I intend to use this year. A couple of years ago I worked through the first chapters, but then I got bored and gave up. I hope this year I’ll be more motivated and will manage to reach its end and then start second volume, too.

Finally, after reading so much on this forum about 7 jours sur la planète I’ve decided that this year I’ll aim to watch the weekly 25-minute news each week. I’ve watched the two editions available so far and starting from tomorrow I plan to try to do the exercises as well.

Unfortunately I haven’t had time for TV-watching, either in Swedish or German. :-( Maybe next week.

Minutes studied in 2013:
Russian 565
Swedish 560
German 75
French 50

Edited by Emme on 14 January 2013 at 12:08am

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4146 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 87 of 360
14 January 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged 
Hejsan!

Lycka till med din svenska och ryska!

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5136 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 

Message 88 of 360
14 January 2013 at 11:50pm | IP Logged 
Hej Kez! Thanks for dropping by.

I’ve decided to take up one of the challenges you and/or Julie proposed for Team Viking, i.e. watching the news in Swedish for a week.

I’ve begun today by watching the live streaming of Rapport. Let’s see if I can keep it up for seven consecutive days.

PS. I’m still not sure about the rules for challenges, whether they are definitive and where they should be posted.

This discussion contains 360 messages over 45 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version