Doitsujin
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5118 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 33 of 34
07 January 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged 
Too bad. Are you at least going to finish the book without trying to memorize it?
3 persons have voted this message useful

Romanist
United Kingdom
Joined 5080 days ago

261 posts - 366 votes 
Studies: Italian

Message 34 of 34
07 January 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged 

Doitsujin wrote:
Too bad. Are you at least going to finish the book without trying to memorize it?

Yes, I think I will probably do that.

But I'll be honest, Doitsujin: part of the reason I have drifted away from this Afrikaans challenge is that Father Christmas was kind enough to deliver a Sony 650 eReader to my door on Christmas morn! :-D
Furthermore, he ensured that it was loaded with 50 ebook-thrillers in German and Italian. Since that moment in time, this little device has been - sozusagen - surgically attached to my hands...!

(Darn it, it even has huge built-in dictionaries in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Dutch! It has to be the best present I ever had, and I just can't put it down!!)

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 34 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version