Austria
Joined 4798 days ago

84 posts - 293 votes 
Speaks: German*, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Portuguese, Japanese
Studies: Croatian, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic (Written), Turkish

Message 41 of 41
17 August 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

First of all, thanks for your kind words. Yes, I have noticed the mistake as well (I think I forgot to use a gerund form or so, I don't recall the exact error right now, however, and, honestly, I doubt there was only one mistake ;-).

As for my accent, my mom's cousin emigrated to Canada (Toronto) about 40 years ago. I first visited her in 1991. Since then, I have been to Canada about four times (altogether I guess I spent about 6 months there).

My accent keeps changing and there isn't much I can do about it.

I'm glad you liked my German part in the video. Unfortunately, I tend to speak rather fast when I speak German (this might have to do with my job as a simultaneous interpreter).

My Japanese video isn't anything to write home about, I am afraid, even though I'm happy to have achieved the level I am currently at.

Somehow I seem to have problems with this site. It takes ages for me to load it and my computer sometimes freezes when I try to access the forum. I have no idea why that happens, but it is the major reason why I check this site only very rarely. So, if you are interested in an exchange of ideas, you are very welcome to contact me through my youtube site. I'd love to hear you speak German ;-) I'm always very grateful to people who make an effort to learn my mother tongue.

Best,

Robert

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 41 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version