United States
Joined 6498 days ago

621 posts - 808 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin, Korean, French
Studies: Indonesian, Japanese

Message 49 of 109
16 August 2006 at 4:59am | IP Logged 
Iversen wrote:
Me, I'm so prosaic - I just think it would be fun to know every Indoeuropean language in existence, past and present. If I could find a year or two in my calendar I would definitely go for the Slavic languages, and if the spelling was less absurd it would also be fun to add the Celtic languages. And Albanese, but probably not Hittitte and Tocharian because they are utterly stone dead and not even chic.

Oh, you're not the only one. I have Latin, Old French and Middle French on my list, and I've already flirted with Irish and Persian. It's fascinating seeing how they fit together. Somewhere in my notes I have a collection of 1-10 in fifty or more Indoeuropean languages. Fascinating stuff.
1 person has voted this message useful

vilas
Pentaglot
Italy
Joined 6756 days ago

531 posts - 722 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, Italian*, English, French, Portuguese

Message 50 of 109
16 August 2006 at 12:27pm | IP Logged 
Alfonso if you speak already Spanish , italian , english french, portuguese

you deja' sabe speakare europanto , tu basta mixare a little of todos as linguas und tu eres bon de commmuniquer in europanto ,est l'idioma mas easy del monde to learnare...und is mucho funny and rigoloso..

I think that if you know all these latin languages also interlingua it is easy for you .

Ciao Vilas

vilas
Pentaglot
Italy
Joined 6756 days ago

531 posts - 722 votes 

Message 51 of 109
16 August 2006 at 12:41pm | IP Logged 
For fun

Corsican , I already understand a lot of it reading the corsican-speaking forum on the web ...
it is like a middle age italian and sounds really very funny.and interestening how it survived despite the French domination
(I speak only about language, NOT politics)

Maltese because is a mix of arabic, english, italian ,french,fenicio....

Hindi Urdu because has a nice sound

Llanito of Gibraltar because is a mixed between Spanish and english

Papamiento of Carribean, Portunhol of the Brazil, Uruguay Argentina borders and creoles, pidgins in general . I like mixed languages.....

Journeyer
Triglot
United States
tristan85.blogspot.c
Joined 6664 days ago

946 posts - 1110 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German
Studies: Sign Language

Message 52 of 109
16 August 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged 
vilas wrote:
you deja' sabe speakare europanto , tu basta mixare a little of todos as linguas und tu eres bon de commmuniquer in europanto ,est l'idioma mas easy del monde to learnare...und is mucho funny and rigoloso..

Was that Interlingua?

sarasvati
Russian Federation
Joined 6481 days ago

9 posts - 13 votes
Studies: Breton

Message 53 of 109
16 August 2006 at 3:58pm | IP Logged 
I usually learn languages just for fun...
apart from the languages I'm studying actively at the moment, the top 10 I'd like to be fluent in would be:

1.Portugese
2.Arabic
3.Hebrew
4.Russian
5.Hungarian
6.Greek
7.Irish
8.Norwegian
9.Japanese
10.Mandarin

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6811 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 54 of 109
16 August 2006 at 6:00pm | IP Logged 
Journeyer wrote:
vilas wrote:

Was that Interlingua?

No, it was Europanto. Do a search on the forum since there was a thread which mentioned this a while ago. As vilas said, it's easy but above all else, it's fun!

Journeyer
Triglot
United States
tristan85.blogspot.c
Joined 6664 days ago

946 posts - 1110 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German
Studies: Sign Language

Message 55 of 109
17 August 2006 at 9:35am | IP Logged 
Maybe I'll give it a look. I already speak Esperanto, but I need to really work on it to bring my level of fluency up to snuff. Is it an offshoot of Esperanto?

Vilas, if you like mixed languages, maybe you would be interested in learning Esperanto/Europanto/Interlingua, etc.

vilas
Pentaglot
Italy
Joined 6756 days ago

531 posts - 722 votes 

Message 56 of 109
17 August 2006 at 11:37am | IP Logged 
Interlingua es un lingua auxiliar international. Illo non ha essite create como un joco de alicun amante del linguas, ma per linguistas professional, con le objectivo de extraher le vocabulario international del linguas del mundo occidental.
Le resultato de iste minutiose labor de recerca es un lingua facile, del aspecto natural, e international: multe milliones de personas pote comprender lo sin studio previe!

This one above is Interlingua , I never studied but I understand it because it is a kind of modern latin with the addition of the word more used in the Western World

Europanto est esto aqui' , very facil to capire , if usted has une knowledge basica de un mixer of europeane idiomas , you est sufficient melanger as tu quieres e fazer ta personale version of EuroPanto....it is muy easy , a little of Spanhol, un peu de Englando , un poco di Portugalu , poquito de Italiano, Germano, Hollando und otras mots qui sont iternationnaly connues de Russki, or whatever te gusta....
No Grammar No rules Only fun

In Google you put "Europanto" and "Interlingua" and you'll find a reasonable number of funny people that play with these two inventions....

Esperanto , I don't know , and I Think it's boring....

This discussion contains 109 messages over 14 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version