Heptaglot
Norway
Joined 5341 days ago

141 posts - 307 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, Norwegian, Esperanto, Swedish, Danish, French
Studies: Polish, Sanskrit, Tibetan, Pali, Mandarin

Message 57 of 58
26 November 2011 at 7:33pm | IP Logged 
I'm now in my second year of Sanskrit, and I'd really like to study some more dead languages at some point, particularly Latin, Greek and Old Norse.

I'd also like to learn some German and Catalan. I already speak Norwegian and French, so I reckon I could get to basic fluency with a fraction of the effort that my current spoken-language projects (Chinese, Tibetan and Polish) require.

Other than that I'd like to learn a language that's radically different from anything I've studied before - probably a North American language like Navajo or Cherokee.

But anyway, I have more than enough on my plate for the moment, and I don't think I'm going to have time for much else for at least the next few years...
1 person has voted this message useful

B_Hutt
United States
Joined 4768 days ago

32 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 58 of 58
27 November 2011 at 4:41am | IP Logged 
I'm currently only studying Dutch (and even that, not nearly as often as I should), but eventually, if I can ever master the aforementioned, I would love to pick up French and my neglected Russian. I took it for three semesters in college, but that was five years ago and I never had anyone to speak it with so I lost it quite quickly- I can still read cyrillic and can pronounce most words, but I don't have a clue what I'm saying haha. But I digress: In summary, I think French and Russian are both beautiful languages. One day...one day...
1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 58 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version