Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5028 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 33 of 58
06 February 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
Thank you Brun, also for the Japanese texts link in my log. Now that I've been officially adopted, I'll have my name listed in the official TAC 2012 Teams and Inds thread; however, my log title is already full-length, so there's no way I can add this team name, let alone the three of them. Well, I can't add to it through the usual 'update post' mechanism. Is there some other way?
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6422 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 34 of 58
06 February 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged 
I don't know of any other way to do it. You're supposed to be able to do it by editing the first post in your log, so I don't know why that wouldn't work. But if the name is already at the maximum length you can't add to it anyway.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4599 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 35 of 58
09 February 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged 
Welcome to the team, mrwarper! We're both together in the Japanese and Russian teams, so
let's do our best :)

Looking forward to your log!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5028 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 36 of 58
09 February 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
Welcome to the team, mrwarper!

Yes, thank you and everyone else -- sorry I missed to say it here, but subscribing to 30+ new threads has me still a bit disoriented...

Quote:
We're both together in the Japanese and Russian teams, so
let's do our best :)

Looking forward to your log!

Actually I think I have a slightly different from everyone else's idea of what a good log is... of course it's great that we all encourage each other, share tips and all that, but when it comes to *my* stuff in *my* log, I think it would look best if it were just like 'Day 1: got this and this done, Day 2: studied 3 hours of..., Day 3: got that and that done' etc. That would mean my plan was not exhausting and thus doable and realistic from the start, but OTOH most people would probably find it tremendously boring. Anyway, I warned about that in my first or second post so stay tuned if you're encouraged by seeing The Terminator in action! :)

Edited by mrwarper on 09 February 2012 at 1:48am

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6958 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 37 of 58
04 March 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged 
*cue start of Public Service Announcement*

I recently stumbled upon a big collection of resources (videos, transcripts, learning plans) from Five Colleges (Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst) that was just too good to keep in relative anonymity in my log or the "Links and Resources" sub-forum. I think that the links could be handy for any of you want some practice with L-R or to see and hear the language as used in basic situations (certainly more focused than looking on YouTube)

For your purposes, here are the links to the material in Japanese

*cue end of Public Service Announcement*

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6422 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 38 of 58
15 June 2012 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin was asking about which members are still left in the various teams and how we're doing, etc. So I thought maybe we should have a roll call or something. As far as I can tell, the following people are reasonably active, though some seem to disappear for a month and then come back:

Brun Ugle
Sunja
g-bod
kraemder
fortheo
Woodsei
mrwarper
Luai lashire
Takato

Actually, I think that is pretty good. Most of our team still seems to be together. I think the challenge has been going very well. Everyone has been very good about encouraging each other and giving advice. Everyone also seems to keep fairly interesting logs as well. We don't simply list up what we've done for the week, but we also tell about various facts and interesting vocabulary we've found and discuss and give suggestions about programs, study techniques, books, movies, dramas...

Everyone seems to be working hard and making a lot of progress. I'm sure I would not have made so much progress if it weren't for this challenge and the Super Challenge. They both keep me active and encourage me not to give up.

So, everyone give your thoughts and opinions, and speak up if I left you out of the list. Afterward, we can write a post summarizing all this and post it on the TAC 2012 thread.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5887 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 39 of 58
15 June 2012 at 7:59pm | IP Logged 
We've got an awesome team don't we? (I really think Japanese learners have the best endurance!) This is the hardest language I've yet to tackle. It seems like there are so many levels that I feel like I need a strategy to get through it, and I'm still trying to catch up. It's really inspiring to read everybody's testimonies which is why I'm in here tonight. I'm really looking forward to the next six months :)

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5784 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 40 of 58
15 June 2012 at 10:04pm | IP Logged 
My Team い experience has been, by far, my best TAC yet. You guys are great! Definitely a diverse bunch of people, at diverse levels in this massive language, and of course with diverse approaches to learning, but there is plenty to inspire and motivate on all the TAC logs.

I have surprised myself at the progress I have made this last six months. Still got a lot more to do (it seems every time I turn a corner, the language just got bigger), but life has definitely become more interesting. Just got to keep pushing forward and seeing how much more I can develop!

This discussion contains 58 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version