Triglot
Germany
Joined 4445 days ago

23 posts - 30 votes
Speaks: French*, English, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Hindi, German

Message 17 of 51
06 May 2012 at 1:54pm | IP Logged 
I watched it from Germany too and also found it interesting, even though a bit short.
Richard's words reminds me of Bruce Lee's famous quote:

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

:)
1 person has voted this message useful

tastyonions
Triglot
United States
goo.gl/UIdChYRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4453 days ago

1044 posts - 1823 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: Italian

Message 18 of 51
06 May 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged 
I watched it from the U.S. and thought it was quite good. I also agree that I would like to have seen more of the discussion.

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5744 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 19 of 51
06 May 2012 at 6:37pm | IP Logged 
Good work and congratulations to all of you who participated!

translator2
United States
Joined 6707 days ago

848 posts - 1862 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 20 of 51
06 May 2012 at 7:10pm | IP Logged 
I think there is more than one installment because Steve Kaufmann has published a preview of Part Two on his youtube channel.

I get so jealous of all these people that can dedicate so much time to studying (especially the ones who also have a wife or girlfriend in their life). By the time I finish work and other responsibilities, there is little time left or I am too exhausted. This is the main reason I have not been able to move any of my "studying" languages into the "speaks" section for many years. I've got all the resources, just no time.

Edited by translator2 on 06 May 2012 at 9:51pm

Torbyrne
Super Polyglot
Macedonia
SpeakingFluently.com
Joined 5883 days ago

126 posts - 721 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, German, Spanish, Dutch, Macedonian, Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Catalan, Welsh, Serbo-Croatian
Studies: Sign Language, Toki Pona, Albanian, Polish, Bulgarian, TurkishA1, Esperanto, Romanian, Danish, Mandarin, Icelandic, Modern Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Estonian

Message 21 of 51
06 May 2012 at 7:40pm | IP Logged 
Tim and I realised that there would be little chance of much of what we filmed to be used in the show. There
are only so many minutes in a 15 minute programme, right? ;p

So we made some clips ourselves afterwards, which we will now be able to release. We had to sit on them
until the show aired, so that the first placed we'd be seen together would be on 16x9.

I will start checking out the material on my SD card and pop up some things on my YouTube channel soon. I
will put links on my blog, Facebook page and Twitter. Of course, I will also pop in a link or two here too for
anyone interested in seeing some more footage of our conversations together.

It was a really fun experience being part of the show and I am grateful for the opportunity to appear on it. I
met some great people, including some other people featured in the show.

I just want to take this opportunity also to thank all the language learners out there with whom I interract on
this forum, my social media pages, in person and on Skype for the amazing support and encouragement I
have received. I really appreciate it! :)
15 persons have voted this message useful

tastyonions
Triglot
United States
goo.gl/UIdChYRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4453 days ago

1044 posts - 1823 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: Italian

Message 22 of 51
06 May 2012 at 8:02pm | IP Logged 
Thank you, Richard, for your contributions here and elsewhere. Your combination of tremendous skill and dedication with encouragement toward other language learners is an inspiration to me and many others. I look forward to seeing the additional footage. :-)
5 persons have voted this message useful

Rob_Austria
Heptaglot
Groupie
Austria
Joined 4790 days ago

84 posts - 293 votes 
Speaks: German*, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Portuguese, Japanese
Studies: Croatian, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic (Written), Turkish

Message 23 of 51
06 May 2012 at 9:55pm | IP Logged 
Torbyrne wrote:

I just want to take this opportunity also to thank all the language learners out there with whom I interract on
this forum, my social media pages, in person and on Skype for the amazing support and encouragement I
have received. I really appreciate it! :)

I'd like to thank you for all the things you do for the language learning community. And I can't wait to see the footage you are talking about.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Journeyer
Triglot
United States
tristan85.blogspot.c
Joined 6656 days ago

946 posts - 1110 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German
Studies: Sign Language

Message 24 of 51
07 May 2012 at 1:27am | IP Logged 
I was able to watch it here in the Czech Republic with no problems. I enjoyed it; it was nice to seem some people talk about it with expressions and body language, rather than just read about it all the time. Rather tempted me to get on those videos I've been planning on making, too! :-)

This discussion contains 51 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version