Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 4139 days ago

40 posts - 40 votes
Studies: Japanese

Message 41 of 41
18 August 2013 at 5:42pm | IP Logged 
First impressions of assimil:

The japanese is quite simple, I've been writing them out and shadowing, which I'm not
sure if I'm supposed to be doing. Underneath each sentence there is the word order,
wish this was the case in other beginner materials. I've been blocking out the romaji.
Every single kanji used so far is one I've studied, it's nice to revise them in
context. Been doing at least 2 lessons a day because they are covering material I
already know, hopefully more than one lesson still assimilates in my brain.

I had supposed I was similar level in both languages at this point yet the Spanish is
slightly harder. This may be just a difference in courses. Full sentences are used much
more and each sentence does not relate to the former unlike japanese where 8 examples
of 'item o nomimasu/tabemasu' are used in a single lesson. Also shadowing this one
because my pronunciation is dire.

my study time has gone from a poor effort of 30 mins in each to at least an hour in
each. Feels more where it should be at.

1 person has voted this message useful

This discussion contains 41 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version