Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5661 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 49 of 64
01 February 2014 at 5:21am | IP Logged 
Wow, great to hear from you! I look forward to seeing what's ready!
1 person has voted this message useful

Toriyama
United States
Joined 5524 days ago

12 posts - 42 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Mandarin

Message 50 of 64
09 February 2014 at 2:05am | IP Logged 
I am happy to announce that the private beta begins today. Registration will be open for
a limited time, so sign up here to try it out. Send all
feedback to service@getchicory.com. Check our
twitter account for updates.

Edited by Toriyama on 09 February 2014 at 2:09am

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5661 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 51 of 64
09 February 2014 at 5:40am | IP Logged 
Thanks, i've signed up! One thing that would be nice would be to restart the current line, perhaps pressing left would restart the current paragraph. Otherwise, i'm really excited about it and will give more feedback once i've used it more.

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4705 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 52 of 64
09 February 2014 at 12:42pm | IP Logged 
I've signed up, but I'm not sure what's supposed to be happening. I'm on the German story, and the instructions say, "Select a track from above, then click on a paragraph below after the audio loads. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to help you navigate and Shift to Play/Pause." There are no tracks to select from as far as I can see, but there is a button to press which plays the full audio. FYI, I am using Windows XP and Firefox.

I have also emailed this post, but I though people here might check it out.

Doitsujin
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5116 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 53 of 64
09 February 2014 at 1:08pm | IP Logged 
Jeffers wrote:
I've signed up, but I'm not sure what's supposed to be happening. I'm on the German story, and the instructions say, "Select a track from above, then click on a paragraph below after the audio loads. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to help you navigate and Shift to Play/Pause." There are no tracks to select from as far as I can see, but there is a button to press which plays the full audio. FYI, I am using Windows XP and Firefox.

The user interface definitely needs work. I couldn't figure it out either. For German, you'll have to do the following:

1. Select German from the main menu.
2. Click Der Process.
3. Click a the first chapter link under Franz Kafka. (Verhaftung...)
4. Click the Listen button right of Gert.
5. Click the Play button, then use the up/down arrows to select the next/previous paragraph.

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4705 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 54 of 64
09 February 2014 at 5:50pm | IP Logged 
Doitsujin wrote:
Jeffers wrote:

The user interface definitely needs work. I couldn't figure it out either. For German, you'll have to do the following:

1. Select German from the main menu.
2. Click Der Process.
3. Click a the first chapter link under Franz Kafka. (Verhaftung...)
4. Click the Listen button right of Gert.
5. Click the Play button, then use the up/down arrows to select the next/previous paragraph.

That's exactly what I did, but the audio lasts for over an hour, so I don't think it is working paragraph by paragraph.

Doitsujin
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5116 days ago

1256 posts - 2363 votes 
Speaks: German*, English

Message 55 of 64
09 February 2014 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
Jeffers wrote:
That's exactly what I did, but the audio lasts for over an hour, so I don't think it is working paragraph by paragraph.

The audio does indeed last for over an hour, but if you press the up/down arrow keys, you can skip sections or return to the previous section. (You cannot select random sections.)

If the arrow keys are not working, it might be browser or OS issue.

Edited by Doitsujin on 09 February 2014 at 6:10pm

Toriyama
United States
Joined 5524 days ago

12 posts - 42 votes
Studies: Mandarin

Message 56 of 64
09 February 2014 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
Jeffers and Doitsujin,

I added instructions for each page to make it more clear what the user should do. I
also made it possible to click on a paragraph in either language (previously only
English) to select that portion of audio. There may be some issues in older browsers
that do not support features we are using (for Internet Explorer, you must use at
least version 10), but it has been confirmed to work on recent versions of Firefox,
Chrome, and Safari. Mobile browser support is still being tested: it works on iOS, but
currently you must manually click the "play" button in the audio player before the
audio will properly load, after which all features will work; We are working on a fix
for this.

I recommend using Firefox since it runs smoothest on that platform. Please let me know
about any other issues you run into.

This discussion contains 64 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version