Joined 5635 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 33 of 34
07 January 2014 at 9:56pm | IP Logged 
If my dream comes true in 2014 and I can attend the Polyglot Gathering in Berlin, then I would like to meet in person all kinds of people with whom I have enjoyable language - related internet contacts. It doesn't matter whether I know them from HTLAL, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Skype or LingQ. I am open for many different people who like to practise or use their languages together with me. I am not interested in "famous" people but normal humans who want to share their language passion with me. I don't count people's number of languages, but I beccome very interested, if the languages of other people match with some ore more of my own languages so that we can communicate by using them. Besides this I am interested in more topics than only languages (my Skypies know about that) and I generally like people with a "broad horizon" and who are authentic with what they are doing.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 07 January 2014 at 10:03pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6167 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 34 of 34
08 January 2014 at 7:21am | IP Logged 
I liked to most meet Chung. For all he has written on HTLAL, I think there is still of lot of mystery about him
that I think he keeps somewhat guarded. When I started to wonder about who Chung the person was several
years ago he wrote, in my opinion, the most fascinating post on HTLAL, which broke down his language
background and abilities language by language. Ironically, that post, while very informative, peaked my
interest further. It's like the more I learned, the more questions I had...
3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 34 messages over 5 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version