Belgium
Joined 4024 days ago

155 posts - 226 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Dutch

Message 9 of 213
10 December 2013 at 7:10am | IP Logged 
I have also one link to add - standaard.be

It's a major Flemish newspaper and will definitely become one of my major sources in 2014 :-)

And would anyone check bvn.nl? It's the TV channel for Dutch and Flemish people living abroad. Some time ago, in Germany, I could access the videos - now it tells me I am not in the correct geographical area. Not sure it only means 'you are not abroad', or if this channel is really limited to countries known to be full of Dutch-speaking people...?

1 person has voted this message useful

1e4e6
Octoglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4085 days ago

1013 posts - 1588 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, Italian
Studies: German, Danish, Russian, Catalan

Message 10 of 213
10 December 2013 at 7:21am | IP Logged 
For entertainment and learning Dutch simultaneously, one of my favourite programmes is 3
Op Reis. It has subtitles often, and in spite of some occasional silliness, I like it as
much as other travel programmes in its English equivalent, like Equator.

Sample episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=6GwBJP4mI88

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6704 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 11 of 213
10 December 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged 
http://www.nederland.fm/ is a pretty good site with streamed radio stations (I've been guilty of listening to Radio 1 at work).

NMW
Netherlands
Joined 4282 days ago

36 posts - 46 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Dutch

Message 12 of 213
10 December 2013 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
I'm not sure if these websites work outside of The Netherlands, but here are some links anyway:
http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/ - A place to watch Dutch TV
http://www.tros.nl/tros-tips/lingo/# - Lingo is a Dutch gameshow where players have to guess the Dutch word - sort of like a game of Mastermind, but with words

I also listen to Radio 1 as it has quite a few debates and talkshows.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4510 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 13 of 213
10 December 2013 at 5:58pm | IP Logged 
Great first post, Hekje! I'm glad to join Team Dutch!

As far as the name is concerned, my favorite is "Team Oranje" =)

If you want to link my log on the front page, I'll be using the same as last year, and this is the link

Hekje
Diglot
United States
Joined 4498 days ago

842 posts - 1330 votes 
Speaks: English*, Dutch
Studies: French, Indonesian

Message 14 of 213
10 December 2013 at 6:03pm | IP Logged 
Wow, these resources are awesome guys! I updated Resources with all the great links posted. In some cases I listed a whole site instead of a single program on that site.

Suzie - So glad you're finding the Resources section useful! You're welcome. :-)

Some programs on BVN seemed to work for me, some didn't show up at all. I know that sometimes individual shows on Uitzendinggemist have their rights limited because they have some kind of international sponsorship (which matters... somehow). It could be that the missing shows are affected by something like that.

jeff_lindqvist - Guilty? No, efficient! But then, my employer encourages us to listen to podcasts and music and such at work. :-)

NMW - TROS seemed out for me, so I marked it as only viewable in the Netherlands. If anyone finds differently I will correct the listing.

fabriciocarraro - Thanks! I'm so glad we're finally on a Team Dutch together. We joined around the same time, it only feels right. :-P

I updated the first post with a link to your log.

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6704 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 15 of 213
10 December 2013 at 11:53pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, efficient. I usually listen to target language radio (mostly Irish now, but that may change when this Dutch TAC has officially started).

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5642 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 213
11 December 2013 at 10:07am | IP Logged 
Suzie wrote:
I have also one link to add - standaard.be

It's a major Flemish newspaper and will definitely become one of my major sources in 2014 :-)

And would anyone check bvn.nl? It's the TV channel for Dutch and Flemish people living abroad. Some time ago, in Germany, I could access the videos - now it tells me I am not in the correct geographical area. Not sure it only means 'you are not abroad', or if this channel is really limited to countries known to be full of Dutch-speaking people...?

Ik zou zeggen dat BVN alleen een zender is voor mensen die in het buitenland, dus niet in Belgiƫ of Nederland wonen. Mijn vader in Duitsland kan ook de zender BVN op de Astra satelliet ontvangen.

Fasulye

This discussion contains 213 messages over 27 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version