Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 105 of 204
23 January 2014 at 8:53pm | IP Logged 
Hace marras que no tengo acceso a Internet, pero este equipo parece maravilloso! Encaja casi completamente con los idiomas que estudio (castellano, catalán, euskara) y con los en la "lista de espera" (gallego y portugués). Más y más me intereso por los idiomas romances e ibéricos (sobre todo los ibéricos). Cómo desearía poder pasar la vida vagando de ciudad en ciudad hablando todos estos idiomas!

Bé, us desitjo un feliç any nou i bons estudis a totxs! Espero retrobar-vos pel camí :)

EDIT: Em permeteu d'observar-vos aquest any? Crec que la idea d'aquest grup és molt interessant i voldria veure (i potser prendre part en) tot el progrés que feu! Ànim!

Edited by Crush on 25 January 2014 at 4:18am

4 persons have voted this message useful

espejismo
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4846 days ago

498 posts - 905 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Spanish, Greek, Azerbaijani

Message 106 of 204
25 January 2014 at 12:46pm | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:

EDIT: Em permeteu d'observar-vos aquest any? Crec que la idea d'aquest grup és molt interessant i voldria veure (i potser prendre part en) tot el progrés que feu! Ànim!

Done! Sorry for the time it took me to add you to the roster. I didn't see your "edit" the last time I checked this thread.
1 person has voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 107 of 204
25 January 2014 at 10:42pm | IP Logged 
Gràcies! I no passa res, de totes maneres només van ser unes hores.
(Vam/vas/va/etc. + infinitiu: així es forma el passat (pretèrit) en català)

iguanamon
Pentaglot
Virgin Islands
Speaks: Ladino
Joined 5057 days ago

2237 posts - 6731 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Creole (French)

Message 108 of 204
29 January 2014 at 2:11am | IP Logged 
I have started a new log for a new language- Ladino, the language of the Jews expelled from Spain in 1492. It is an Iberian language born in Spain and raised in the Mediterranean. It is at the same time, both a very old language- based on medieval Spanish of the 15th century and a very young language that diverged from Spanish over 500 years ago. There's no national flag to add because there is no nation where Ladino was or is the national language. I can't add it under "studies" because it's not available as a language on the forum and there's no point asking FX to add it.

For those of you who speak Spanish and Portuguese, you will find this language very familiar and at the same type perhaps a little annoying because of the transliteration from the Hebrew scripts into Roman characters without Spanish orthography and the addition of Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Italian and Hebrew words. Spelling is all over the place because of the difficulty in transliterating.

I think that this is going to be fun to play with as I continue to improve my other languages. I expect that Ladino will give me new insights into Spanish, since it comes from medieval Spanish and still retains much of it's source. I also expect to gain an insight into a new culture for me- I'm not Jewish and have no Jewish family. It is a chance to learn both a dead language- it is no longer written in Hebrew Rashi script or cursive Solitreo handwriting- and a dying language. There are no monolingual speakers left and most of the 100,000 or so speakers are elderly.

There is no Assimil "New Ladino With Ease", no "Pimsleur Ladino", no "Teach Yourself Ladino", no FSI or DLI courses either. Yet, I have plenty of resources available.

Iberia may be a peninsula at the southwestern tip of Europe south of the Pyrenees, but it has a wealth of languages to explore for such a small area. Ladino is another worthy addition to Spanish, Portuguese, Mirandês, Catalan, Gallician and Basque.

En ladino: El ladino

El ladino- una viejizika manseva para meldar (leer) i/y
Escuchar al texto

Edited by iguanamon on 29 January 2014 at 3:00am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6392 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 109 of 204
29 January 2014 at 10:44am | IP Logged 
Ohhh shiny!
I don't think it's needed to ask FX to add a new language. I know both Corsican and Papiamento were added when he wasn't around anymore, so get in touch with for example emk?

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6951 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 110 of 204
29 January 2014 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
A couple of years ago I posted a link to the online videos and transcripts in several foreign languages at LangMedia.

Since I first stumbled on the site, the colleges involved have added more videos (and their transcripts). For your interest, here are the Portuguese and Spanish ones:

Portuguese (combined index) (a lot of video reenactments of phrases or exchanges in phrasebooks; a handy way to see "phrasebook material" in action)
Spanish (combined index)(a lot of video reenactments of phrases or exchanges in phrasebooks; a handy way to see "phrasebook material" in action)

In both indices there are links to show different varieties; the Portuguese one has stuff for Angolan and Brazilian while the Spanish one has stuff for a handful of Spanish-speaking countries rather than a sparser division between Iberian and Latin American.

Enjoy.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 

Message 111 of 204
29 January 2014 at 10:08pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for the links. I just checked out one of the Spanish videos and came across this: "¿Me pone mil pesetas de gasolina, por favor?" :D

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5021 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 112 of 204
29 January 2014 at 10:36pm | IP Logged 
Mil euros de gasolina would be pretty unrealistic ;)

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 204 messages over 26 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version