United States
Joined 3756 days ago

41 posts - 45 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German

Message 17 of 53
25 October 2014 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
Weekly Report:

Assimil: I manage to complete up to lesson 16.

Duolingo: Finished up the numbers, dative pronouns, and negatives.

Essential German: Finished up lesson three about different genders and started lesson
four about plurals. Definitely like going through this book after the other two courses
as it helps plug up the grammar holes.

For the most part I am still manage to do daily practice in duolingo and assimil :).
1 person has voted this message useful

EnglishEagle
United Kingdom
Joined 4365 days ago

140 posts - 157 votes 
Studies: English*, German

Message 18 of 53
28 October 2014 at 12:26pm | IP Logged 
CheChe wrote:
Weekly Report:

Assimil: I manage to complete up to lesson 16.

Duolingo: Finished up the numbers, dative pronouns, and negatives.

Essential German: Finished up lesson three about different genders and started lesson
four about plurals. Definitely like going through this book after the other two courses
as it helps plug up the grammar holes.

For the most part I am still manage to do daily practice in duolingo and assimil :).

I am currently moving onto lesson 26 later tonight, after doing lesson 25 last night.I feel as though it's becoming
more difficult, but the previous lessons seem much easier than when I first tackled them. I am only doing Assimil
and that's it but hopefully going to incorporate other resources in my routine. How are you finding Assimil?

It seems as though we started learning German at a similar time, good luck, by the way!

Jimjam
Australia
Joined 3776 days ago

19 posts - 22 votes
Studies: Japanese, German

Message 19 of 53
28 October 2014 at 1:02pm | IP Logged 
I am also at a similar stage in my German studies. I did lesson 15 of assimil earlier tonight, and I am rather
close to there in duolingo. I am really excited to see others so close to me in progress, and I will definitely
keep up to date on your studies.

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4323 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 

Message 20 of 53
28 October 2014 at 1:33pm | IP Logged 
I really admire you guys for all your grammar drills. I just don't have the heart for it. :(

CheChe
Groupie
United States
Joined 3756 days ago

41 posts - 45 votes

Message 21 of 53
28 October 2014 at 3:10pm | IP Logged 
EnglishEagle wrote:

I am currently moving onto lesson 26 later tonight, after doing lesson 25 last night.I
feel as though it's becoming
more difficult, but the previous lessons seem much easier than when I first tackled
them. I am only doing Assimil
and that's it but hopefully going to incorporate other resources in my routine. How
are you finding Assimil?

It seems as though we started learning German at a similar time, good luck, by the
way!

I like Assimil. It doesn't seem to overly hard yet, but I am a little further behind
you. I think I am doing a different version as the 1965 one is the one I manage to get
my hands on in my price range. (So if anybody has any suggestions on what to do what
it gets to the active wave they would be appreciated. )

Jimjam wrote:
I am also at a similar stage in my German studies. I did lesson 15 of
assimil earlier tonight, and I am rather
close to there in duolingo. I am really excited to see others so close to me in
progress, and I will definitely
keep up to date on your studies.

Thats awesome! I'll keep track of your progressive then too.

patrickwilken wrote:
I really admire you guys for all your grammar drills. I just
don't have the heart for it. :(

Honestly Patrick I think they are very boring. And from previous attempts I know hate
it when its forty drills on a topic. But I like the book I got from the library.
Though it
would really suck if it was the only tool I was using. This book has good help tips on
the grammar in it and then has five sentences to fill in the blank one. With keeping
it behind Assimil and Duolingo the grammar tips create an a ha moment where something
makes more sense so it says in my head that way.

Edited by CheChe on 28 October 2014 at 4:46pm

EnglishEagle
United Kingdom
Joined 4365 days ago

140 posts - 157 votes 
Studies: English*, German

Message 22 of 53
28 October 2014 at 8:22pm | IP Logged 
CheChe wrote:
[QUOTE=EnglishEagle]
I am currently moving onto lesson 26 later tonight, after doing lesson 25 last night.I
feel as though it's becoming
more difficult, but the previous lessons seem much easier than when I first tackled
them. I am only doing Assimil
and that's it but hopefully going to incorporate other resources in my routine. How
are you finding Assimil?

It seems as though we started learning German at a similar time, good luck, by the
way!

I like Assimil. It doesn't seem to overly hard yet, but I am a little further behind
you. I think I am doing a different version as the 1965 one is the one I manage to get
my hands on in my price range. (So if anybody has any suggestions on what to do what
it gets to the active wave they would be appreciated. )

I believe I have a copy of the 1965 version of German without toil. Is it the one with 125 lessons? If so, I have that
copy too but don't use it as I have no audio. I use the more update to date assimil because I found it cheap online
many months ago. Considering a few of us are at a similar stage in our learning, it will interesting to see we all
progress. :-)

CheChe
Groupie
United States
Joined 3756 days ago

41 posts - 45 votes

Message 23 of 53
28 October 2014 at 11:10pm | IP Logged 
Yup it is the one with 126 lessons.

CheChe
Groupie
United States
Joined 3756 days ago

41 posts - 45 votes

Message 24 of 53
01 November 2014 at 12:16am | IP Logged 
FRIDAY!

Assimil: Just finished up lesson 23. I can definitely tell the dialogue is getting more
complicated.

Duolingo: I just finished the People skills. (there where 7 parts so it took me all
week). I do one strengthen & one new lesson per day. I do the lesson until I get three
hearts in it.

Essential German: Finished lesson 5 which is about conjunctions. And apparently I did
lesson 4 too, which was about pronouns & plurals.

This discussion contains 53 messages over 7 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version