United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 9 of 41
16 September 2015 at 6:33pm | IP Logged 
Buenos Tardes,

So I was looking at Alolaf danskdeutsch log and Alolaf gave me a really good idea. He recording his
languages that he is learn for I think a super challenge which is great. But I thought well may I should do that
to but not for a challenge but for play back. So I went to the App Store and found a voice recorder and got it. I
did the first line for instance conversation: in a café which is Buenos Días, Señor.

I recorded the line the first time and didn't like it because I say the line too slow so I deleted the audio. Then I
went into Quizlet and listen to the line again and figure out what I did wrong. So I went back to the voice
recorder and re-did the line and it sounds but better. I am liking that I have a new step in learning Spanish.
Thanks Alolaf for the idea.👏🏾

That is all the new development I have for you at the moment.

✌🏾️
1 person has voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 10 of 41
16 September 2015 at 10:53pm | IP Logged 
So I sent the clip of my speaking Spanish to my sister and she said it not bad. That totally made my
afternoon. I will keep practicing my Spanish and soon I will hopefully sound like a native.

So I re- listen to my recording and I figured out what I did wrong. The word buenos I wasn't pronouncing the
word right. I was saying buenas which is the wrong word. I deleted that one and re-did the sentence again
with the right word. Once I finish recording the sentence again I listen to it again and it sound correct. I know
it going to be an uphill battle but I ready for it.

✌🏾️

Edited by Rozzie on 16 September 2015 at 11:08pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 11 of 41
17 September 2015 at 6:47pm | IP Logged 
Buenos Tardes,

Last night I watched two episodes of destinos and it was good. I am really loving this series so far. I wanted to
go back and re-watch an episode but once I finish I will really study the series. There were things I didn't
understand maybe that is why I wanted to re-watch the episode but no worry I'll understand. I did have my
dictionary next at some words to see what they meant but besides that it was a good night.

Also last night I looked through the Berlitz self-teacher and I can't wait to start it but I will finish step by step
first.

I don't know what my game plan is for today. I guess I can do some Duo, re-over the instant conversation and
record the next line. I'm nervous about the line because I know it will take me a couple of takes to have my
pronunciation good. Then tonight watch another episode of destinos.

If anything change I will post here or if something good happen you'll know. 😊

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 12 of 41
17 September 2015 at 9:58pm | IP Logged 
Hi,

Okay so I'm having a bit of trouble with the second sentence Está libre esta mesa. I did the recording but I
think I said it too fast so I deleted it. I am also thinking that maybe I should record each word separately then
record the sentence again. I've worried about recording this sentence since last night can you believe it? I
want to get the pronunciation right so when I do speak to people in Spanish they understand what I am
saying. I think it will take me a minute to get this line right but I'm not giving up it's not in my blood. Okay I just
wanted you update you on what I'm doing.

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 13 of 41
18 September 2015 at 5:05am | IP Logged 
So tonight was very different for me. No destinos for me tonight or practicing my second sentence. That okay
though I did something better I worked on my Italian on Duo. I did one new lesson then the rest was review
since I haven't done anything in Italian in a week. I ended up doing 100 points and leveling up to level 5 in
Italian. I think I might have a change for the rest of the week. I might just continue my Italian studies until
Monday and see how I feel because at the moment I want more than just Duo for Italian. I don't really have
anything besides the Italian app I got a couple of weeks ago and my Italian dictionary. Maybe I can do
something with the two of them for now who knows. But I do know is that I so am wanting to start my Italian
adventure.

✌🏾️

Edited by Rozzie on 18 September 2015 at 9:46am

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 14 of 41
18 September 2015 at 11:53pm | IP Logged 
Okay first of all I had an amazing night one because I didn't go to bed and two because I was learning. I
watch an episode of destinos and that was good to do I do enjoy watching that if I haven't expressed it
enough.

Then I went to do Duo and did another 100 point but I was still in my itch for Italian. I also leveled up in Italian
I'm at level 5 which is the same level as my Irish. I am putting Irish on hold for the minute because I started it
was to quickly after I started my Italian. I had to let my Italian catch up to my Irish but I am still farther down
the tree in Irish then Italian😞. That's not how I want it but since I haven't done Italian in about a week it been
werid.

I don't know how to explain it when I decided to add another language to my Spanish I just wanted to pick
Italian because I think it's pretty. Then maybe a week or so after I started my Italian tree I started my Irish tree
with no reason why but to get out of the Romance languages. I know how stupid that sounds but at the time I
hit two walls one in Spanish and one in Italian so just needed another language to see if it was me or the
languages I was trying to learn. Irish was easy for a while then again I hit a wall and then I knew it was time to
take a mini break from language learning. That's what I did somewhat last month. It felt so good too but
September rolled around and I knew my break was done. So on September fourth I got back on the saddle
and haven't left. That's my whole summer backstory.

Now that you are up to speed the last two days I have been craving Italian and I don't know why maybe
because I have put so much time lately into Spanish I kind of let Italian slip under my raider. So now I don't
really have any Italian material except and Italian-English dictionary. But last night i decided to search the
web to see what out there and I went on you tube and found and movie (?) I think it was 1:25minutes and
there was three episodes back to back. The title is Cocapop it was good for listening but it has three different
stories and they all didn't end well. I wouldn't recommend it but for listen it was great but just for enjoyment I
give the movie/show a rating of a 1.

Then after I watch it I was tried because I was up all night and went to sleep and I haven't done anything else
today but write this journal entry. That is how my day has gone. I might watch some more destinos but if not
then I will try to find another movie to watch in Italian on YouTube.

P.S I forgot to tell you that sometime last night I went to memise to work on some Spanish word but I think I
will go back memise tonight and find something on Italian just to hold me over until can get more things on
Italian. 😀

✌🏾️

Edited by Rozzie on 19 September 2015 at 12:34am

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 15 of 41
19 September 2015 at 8:05pm | IP Logged 
Hola,

I am starting to really enjoy Italian on Duo. I did another 100 pts and leveled up the six which is fun. I got
eight rubies for completing for and leveling up. Once I finish doing this 100 pt for this weekend I don't know
what I'm going to do.

That all for now

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 16 of 41
20 September 2015 at 12:45am | IP Logged 
Hey,

So I read over the instant conversation and the only word I couldn't remember how to say was sit down in
Spanish. The rest of the conversation was good. I might just might move on to the next thing in the book. It
took me about a week to really practice and say it. So it should take me a week to do the next section.

✌🏾️

This discussion contains 41 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version