United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 33 of 41
30 September 2015 at 10:50pm | IP Logged 
Hola,

Well my first real attempt to learn a my two languages this month is done and I am on
to the next month. I really enjoy updating you and I can't wait to figure out what
next month hold.

Now that I have gotten that out the way I did 100 pts on Duo today on the English Tree
for Spanish speakers. I totally had fun on Duo today and I got 1200 pts for the month
which is amazing. I didn't even think I could do that but I did have a lot of fun this
month on Duo which is a surprise to me because I never thought it would be fun. I
finish up the school section and did all of Business section which I really enjoy and
I might just redo that section just for the fun of it.

That's all I did today no flash cards I think I will put them on hold. I might do some
Italian tomorrow since I have been in Spanish most of the week or I can wait and do
Italian esta fin de semena. I really am enjoying learning Spanish on Duo it's just
fun.

I don't think I have anything else to talk about. I am just very happy with how the
month turned out and I am just so looking forward to next month.

✌🏾️

Edited by Rozzie on 30 September 2015 at 10:52pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 34 of 41
02 October 2015 at 4:51am | IP Logged 
Hola,

Well I did Duo today and finished up preposition which was good and I am good with Duo. But what was
really kind of cool was that since I am a member of Spanishdict.com I can learn Spanish on their site so I
started taking the words I've learn and put them into Quizlet so when I'm away from the site I can still study
their material. I did the first lesson and some of the second lesson. I will finish the rest of the lesson tomorrow.
I also went to Lang-8 today to write an entry which was fun. I am still making mistakes but that's okay I'm
totally okay with that.

Okay that's all I have done today. We are now in a new month and I am ready for whatever this month brings.

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 35 of 41
03 October 2015 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
Lo siento

I can't believe I did write yesterday about my day. I leveled up in my English tree for Italian speakers got to
level three pretty cool if You ask me. That was yesterday now for today.

I did English tree for Spanish speakers today and finished up foods and got two rubies for that. Then I did all
of Occupation and got two rubies for that. So I got four rubies today. I've got like twenty something rubies
since Monday and that's crazy right? Well all that means is that I truly am learning. It's been a good week and
I still have one more day. Can't wait until tomorrow to see how my week ends.

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 36 of 41
04 October 2015 at 7:59pm | IP Logged 
Okay so I was reading my step by step book and found out there is another way of saying
Merry Christmas and it's Felices Pascuas. It also means Passover and Easter how cool is
that? So instead of me saying Feliz Navidad I can simply say Feliz Pascuas. I am very
excited that I have a new way of greeting people at Christmas time.

✌🏾️

Edited by Rozzie on 04 October 2015 at 8:00pm

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 37 of 41
06 October 2015 at 4:28am | IP Logged 
Hola,

I leveled up in my English Tree for Spanish speakers I'm at level 8! I was at 7 what seem to be very long and
got 8 rubies for that then I also finished up present verbs 2 and got two rubies for that so my total ruby count
for today is ten! Wow what a great way to start off the week.

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 38 of 41
07 October 2015 at 1:14am | IP Logged 
Hola,

I don't know if I can keep up this log because I have a blog about my language journey on Blogger and I feel
better doing it there then here but nothing is set in stone. So I just must take a break from writing here but
that doesn't mean I will take a break on learning languages.

Until we meet again

✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 39 of 41
12 October 2015 at 2:34am | IP Logged 
Hi,

So this past weekend I decided to work on my Irish tree and I really enjoy doing
Irish. It's hard because I just kind of got into it but so far I like it. I know once
I reach the first check mark on Duo I will got back and do the first part a lot more
slower so I really know what I'm doing. Right now I just want to get to the first
check mark. I didn't do my 100 pts today but it's okay Igot to get family time in
instead of studying so much. So I only did twenty pts today and I am perfectly happy
with that since I truly don't really know what I am doing in Irish anyway. I am just
enjoy the ride at the moment.

I know I don't have Irish as a language I am studying because I put it on the back
burner because I was working on Italian and Spanish so I didn't know what I was doing
and I did kind of blow threw a lot of the lesson in Irish and stop my Italian and
Spanish. So now I just wanted to have and Irish weekend just to get my feet wet again
and I have to say I really enjoyed this weekend with Irish I don't know if I will
continue with my studies with it come tomorrow but I just need a break from Spanish
because I am not liking it again.

I love having my love hate relationship with Spanish it's like a real relationship
except it can't talk back to me. But for the time being I am in a relationship with
Spanish since 1998 and I'm do take time off of it but at the end always come back to
it because it's always there for me. It's my boyfriend currently and I am truly happy
about this I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes I might have other interest
(Italian and Irish) but Spanish is my one true love.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 40 of 41
10 November 2015 at 7:15pm | IP Logged 
Hello,

I know it's been a minutes since the last time I check in but let me tell you what I
did on Duolingo yesterday.Verbs: Present Perfect and it was hard and when I mean hard
I mean Hard. I was hitting the wall so many times yesterday but once I calm down I was
okay. I went to Learnspanish.com and went to the present perfect section of the
website and read that I was good. I also went to Spanishdict.com to get more practice
after I finish Verbs: Present Perfect on Duolingo. So that's what was going on with me
yesterday now today I did Verbs: Past Perfect and I thought it was going to be just as
hard well it sort of was. The first four lesson were easy it was the last lesson that
tripped me up. It took me 30 minutes to do the first four section and 17 minutes to do
the last section.
But I am glad that I got both of these sections done and out of the way I don't know
if I will ever use them but at least I know that they are there and grateful for
Duolingo for teaching me it.

Until next time

Peace

This discussion contains 41 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version