Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 33 of 206
17 August 2008 at 7:40pm | IP Logged 
Since my last post:

Nothing.

You can't just brag, I guess. You need to fess up when you didn't do anything. Other than spend all day doing schoolwork and assembling furniture, anyway.
1 person has voted this message useful

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 34 of 206
18 August 2008 at 2:38pm | IP Logged 
Much better!

20 minutes of vocabulary on the bus yesterday and 30 minutes today. It was review, and it's actually going very well. I'm a little concerned about how much time I'll be able to dedicate to this, though. We'll see. But I'll keep doing my best. :)

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 35 of 206
19 August 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged 
Since yesterday:

Vocabulary review for half an hour, listened to the first 2 chapters of Alice in Wonderland (in Italian, of course).

The former was very encouraging, the latter was the opposite; it was pretty hard to follow. Then again, after a few minutes, my mind switched gears and was doing much better. This points to something that I've long suspected: I need lots more time immersing myself in Italian. For now I still have the "luxury" of holding off on that while I drill vocabulary and grammar, but the step after that is going to have to be much more active engagement.

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 36 of 206
20 August 2008 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
Did another 2 chapters of Alice in Wonderland, watched a documentary for a half hour, and reviewed vocab for 10 minutes. The first was very tough, the second wasn't so bad, the third was pretty easy

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 37 of 206
25 August 2008 at 10:42am | IP Logged 
Everything is insane!

School started today. It's been 5 days since my last entry, which is terrible. I'm pretty sure that this this due to my not having a specific time during the day in which I update it. Since I have a time in which I read all my e-mail, I'll peg "writing in log" in the same timeslot.

See you tomorrow.

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 38 of 206
26 August 2008 at 9:25am | IP Logged 
Studied 45 minutes of vocabulary since my last entry. Honestly, it will be a few weeks before I do anything really systematic or ambitious with my Italian studies; at least not until I settle in to German. Still, my vocab is expanding, and I don't seem to be any worse in formulating simple sentences in Italian. So life is happy.

The bus seems to be my ideal place to study...

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 39 of 206
27 August 2008 at 10:48am | IP Logged 
Since last post: listened to a few chapters of Alice in Wonderland. Tough stuff, but if I concentrate I get a good amount of it.

Freaking out over German.

neonqwerty
Bilingual Diglot
United States
Joined 5961 days ago

229 posts - 239 votes 

Message 40 of 206
28 August 2008 at 10:50am | IP Logged 
Nothing! Zero! Although funnily enough, when trying to remember the German words that I'm studying, the Italian one always comes up first. ;)

The good news is that my German class is settling down a little, so in a couple of weeks I will probably be able to (slowly) resume my Italian studies.

This discussion contains 206 messages over 26 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version