https://learnalangua
Joined 6242 days ago

851 posts - 1008 votes 
Studies: German

Message 81 of 126
29 November 2008 at 12:07pm | IP Logged 
slucido wrote:
dswans wrote:

Overall, I agree with your argument. The most import aspects of language learning are input, output, and staying the course. However, the question remains: When have we received enough input that we can produce beneficial, self-created output? But, maybe this question belongs to another discussion.

Thank you. I am not saying anything special. My focus is in how to keep practicing OUR favorite method. It's difficult to understand whats controversial about that.

Regarding about when we can begin with output, I am very skeptical. Expert opinions are highly contradictory. I think the best advice is: do whatever you feel like.

Logically speaking, if expert opinions are contradictory the safest course would be to postpone if it's practicable. Also, you're invoking expert opinion and railing against methods and methodology.

Edited by reineke on 29 November 2008 at 12:13pm

1 person has voted this message useful

reineke
United States
https://learnalangua
Joined 6242 days ago

851 posts - 1008 votes 
Studies: German

Message 82 of 126
29 November 2008 at 12:50pm | IP Logged 
slucido wrote:
Cainntear wrote:
slucido wrote:
Please, it's not "importants" is "importance". :O)
This is a "slip", and does not demonstrate any underlying flaw in my understanding of the language. As you can see, it is not a consistent error - I spelt it right the first time.

So, when I make an error I am a bastard and when you make an error it's only a tiny slip.. .:O)))

Cainntear wrote:

slucido wrote:
Very interesting, but it's very important to measure subjetive data as well. You need data about subjetive client feelings. This very important if you want to earn money.

The you are not a behaviourist.
The whole point of behaviourism is that it rejects subjective evidence as scientifically unreliable. Thoughts are unobservable, hence unmeasurable, so irrelevant to the experimenter.

Please is "then" and not "the"....:O)

[/QUOTE]

Sluicido, you make bastard errors, huge and consistent. Your writing exhibits all the symptoms of crystallized error. What Cainntear did is at best a lapsus - lapsus calami. Here he most likely did not press "n" hard enough. In your short sentence making fun of his writing you wrote is instead of it's. Then you repeated this mistake. You consistently write subjetive/objetive both in the May best method thread and here.

slucido wrote:

My framework is easy:

Find out OUR FAVORITE method and KEEP practicing it.

Since you undermine all methods, "favorite" here has several meanings. You're apparently trying to justify linguistic sluicide.

Edited by reineke on 29 November 2008 at 12:59pm

charlmartell
Super Polyglot
Portugal
Joined 6039 days ago

286 posts - 298 votes 
Speaks: French, English, German, Luxembourgish*, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 84 of 126
29 November 2008 at 2:27pm | IP Logged 
charlmadingdong wrote:
I would be interested in hearing the audio of sususudio speaking in English. Not scripted talk, just an
impromptu conversation. His writing is not very good for someone who claims to be using "THE BEST METHOD."
Sluicide, for how long have you been using this "best method" on English? 1 month? 3 months?

Can you just not refrain from being offensive, bacchanalian? Had to get yourself an extra alias just for venting your frustration? But as you like citing "the motto", if you can't spell people's names, don't post.
By the way, nice little touch, your nick.

slucido
Bilingual Diglot
Spain
https://goo.gl/126Yv
Joined 6470 days ago

1296 posts - 1781 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Spanish*, Catalan*
Studies: English

Message 85 of 126
29 November 2008 at 2:36pm | IP Logged 
charlmadingdong wrote:
I would be interested in hearing the audio of sususudio speaking in English. Not scripted talk, just an
impromptu conversation. His writing is not very good for someone who claims to be using "THE BEST METHOD."

Sluicide, for how long have you been using this "best method" on English? 1 month? 3 months?

Вы хотите знать лучший метод? Хорошо

Лучший метод - российский мнемонический метод. Вы можете выучить всё. Если у вас феноменальная память, для вас нет ограничений! Сформировав навык запоминания, вам не нужно учиться в университете пять лет, чтобы стать программистом. Вы сможете запомнить целую книгу по программированию.

:O)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6392 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 88 of 126
29 November 2008 at 3:20pm | IP Logged 
Google's (or Babelfish's or whatever) Russsian is better than slucido's English, therefore the best method is becoming a robot.

Edited by Serpent on 29 November 2008 at 3:20pm

This discussion contains 126 messages over 16 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version