Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Assimil Russian without Toil 1951

Tags: Vintage | Assimil | Russian
 Language Learning Forum : Language Programs, Books & Tapes (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
62 messages over 8 pages: 1 24 5 6 7 8 Next >>
charlmartell
Super Polyglot
Portugal
Joined 6054 days ago

286 posts - 298 votes 
Speaks: French, English, German, Luxembourgish*, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 17 of 62
28 March 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged 

josht wrote:
I also got a CD from Fanatic, and have split the audio up into the 100 lessons; it just took a bit of time and patience.

Exactly, as bit of time and patience. If people are too lazy to do a little work themselves, forget about them. Uploading is a hassle, ifile.it kept freezing up, I had to start all over several times. Which took far more time than it would take him cutting the files up into separate lessons.

josht wrote:
The RAR file is 215MB, and Ifile.it only allows 100MB uploads. I'd rather not split it up into 3 separate downloads.

rafal wrote:
I'd still recommend it. It's not that hard to create 3 rars, is it? :-)

rafal should be glad that some people are willing to go to a lot of trouble just to give him an opportunity to complain. I haven't seen him do any ripping, cleaning up of files or uploading for others. Demanding so-and-so.
1 person has voted this message useful

josht
Diglot
United States
Joined 6256 days ago

635 posts - 857 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Spanish, Russian, Dutch

Message 18 of 62
29 March 2009 at 1:51am | IP Logged 
I don't want to upload 3 separate files as most likely, one or the other will disappear from the upload service, which will render them all useless to anyone else wanting to use them.

I tend to agree with charlmartell; it took me perhaps an hour or an hour and a half to split the tracks up. If you don't want to put in the time doing that, then you probably won't want to put in the dozens and dozens of hours needed to work through the course.

rafal
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
besmart.pl
Joined 6664 days ago

83 posts - 85 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC1
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 20 of 62
29 March 2009 at 11:01am | IP Logged 
charlmartell: Do reread my posts. I'm not complaining or demanding anything.

As for not willing to do any work myself: I did try to do the splitting. Spent over an hour playing with CD1 with not much success.

I recommended 3 rars instead of one big file because it's normally easier to upload smaller files. Imagine when a 215 mb file freezes near the end of upload. You'd have to start all over again.

As for not ripping anything: you're wrong. (Hint: look for old Assimil courses on uztranslations.)

Edited by rafal on 29 March 2009 at 11:03am

charlmartell
Super Polyglot
Portugal
Joined 6054 days ago

286 posts - 298 votes 
Speaks: French, English, German, Luxembourgish*, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Latin, Ancient Greek

Message 21 of 62
29 March 2009 at 11:20pm | IP Logged 
rafal wrote:
As for not ripping anything: you're wrong. (Hint: look for old Assimil courses on uztranslations.)

I'm sorry, I found a scanned copy of the old Assimil German you uploaded. And I must say that I myself prefer to separate mp3's into separate units rather than scan a whole book. I find scanning books about the most boring thing there is. How do you do it?
So, please accept my apologies for wrongly accusing you.
As for recordings separating lesson by lesson, you could always split and save the lessons one by one, as you work your way through them. That's what I do, 100 at a time is a little tedious, but piece-meal it's not too bad. Not as bad as scanning, or uploading big files. At least to my mind.
Cheers
charlmartell

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5675 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 22 of 62
30 March 2009 at 9:53am | IP Logged 
I, also, started to divide the first zip file (Alphabet and chapters 1-31) into individual lessons. I haven't done the others yet, but if anyone cares to start the course now, you can download the divided files here:
http://ifile.it/rtcvm89

rafal
Diglot
Groupie
Poland
besmart.pl
Joined 6664 days ago

83 posts - 85 votes 
2 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishC1
Studies: German, Spanish

Message 23 of 62
30 March 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged 
No problem, charlmartell.

Scanning isn't that bad you know. Whenever I scan a book or a batch of documents I just listen to audiobooks or shadow Assimil's recordings.

Thanks again for your rip.

Crush: That's great. Downloading.

charlmartell
Super Polyglot
Portugal
Joined 6054 days ago

286 posts - 298 votes 

Message 24 of 62
30 March 2009 at 3:57pm | IP Logged 
rafal wrote:
Scanning isn't that bad you know. Whenever I scan a book or a batch of documents I just listen to audiobooks or shadow Assimil's recordings.

I can't do anything constructive like that, but I could listen to music while scanning. Whyever did I never think of that? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Scanning might now even become relaxing instead of a boring chore. Cheers.

This discussion contains 62 messages over 8 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version