Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
232 messages over 29 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5953 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 225 of 232
08 December 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
I am also planning on participating in TAC 2011. Last night I was discussing with a friend about how we should set up our logs and such, but we were wondering if any specific plans have already been made for 2011, and in particular if the team challenges will also be a part of TAC for next year? Depending on what is required, I might be able to volunteer to help organize it.
1 person has voted this message useful

thephantomgoat
Groupie
United States
Joined 5282 days ago

52 posts - 103 votes 

Message 226 of 232
10 December 2010 at 7:31am | IP Logged 
Count me in for TAC 2011 too. Like ellasevia, I may be available to help organize the
challenge/teams, depending on the time commitment.

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5367 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 228 of 232
14 December 2010 at 11:39pm | IP Logged 
I'd just like to add a big thanks here to Buttons for doing a top job of organising the 2010 Team TAC, and to toast everyone who took part and shared their inspiring stories over these last 12 months.

The level of achievement in the face of demanding commitments, and the ongoing support between both teammates and teams, has been truly exceptional, and I feel honoured to have been a tiny part of something very worthwhile and challenging in this language learning community this year.

I look forward with a real sense of excitement, intrigue and ambition to next year's challenge. Good luck everyone! :)

Edited by Teango on 14 December 2010 at 11:41pm

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5577 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 230 of 232
19 December 2010 at 5:35pm | IP Logged 
If at all possible I'd like to participate in Team TAC 2011 as well but I've never done this before so organising it would be a no-no for this year - and probably any other year as well because I can hardly organise myself let alone other people as well! The main languages I will be focusing on are French and German with more emphasis being on French because that needs some serious work and preferably pretty quickly. Not any real idea really what level my French or German are at but to give some kind of vague clue, I've been learning German for nearly ten years and can talk about most things fairly spontaneously. French is not quite the same success story and I don't really know where my level in French is at all. We'll see when I get back into this. My goal before this thing even starts is to work out where my French is and get my confidence back.

Jack

Edited by LanguageSponge on 19 December 2010 at 5:37pm

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5953 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 231 of 232
19 December 2010 at 7:22pm | IP Logged 
Jack, this is the official sign-up thread for TAC 2011, but you don't have to post again there if you don't want. I'll just add you to the list. I think you'll be on the French Team since there's still room, but just check the most recent updates there to make sure before you start your log. Bonne chance et/und viel Glück!

This discussion contains 232 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version