Diglot
Australia
Joined 5385 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Polish

Message 41 of 151
15 February 2010 at 10:05am | IP Logged 
Thanks for posting all those films elvisrules and Iolanthe. I'm in the search for some good Nederlands en Belgiƫ
films at the moment so they will definitely come in handy. Checked out my local foreign language store the
other day and they have a copy of Ex Drummer, and also the Dutch film De Tweeling, which i've read quite a few
good things about.

Glad to read that you're feeling more unbound in Nederland these days Iolanthe, it's always extremelly
frustrating when you know exacly what you want to say but can't express it right.

How's everything going with the Portugues? And are you using any learning Dutch books in your studies these
days? Or is the daily life in Nederland enough to keep you moving forward?

Hope all is well,
Vos
1 person has voted this message useful

elvisrules
Tetraglot
BelgiumRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5288 days ago

286 posts - 390 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, Dutch, Flemish
Studies: Lowland Scots, Japanese, German

Message 42 of 151
15 February 2010 at 6:07pm | IP Logged 
Ex Drummer is quite a crazy film I warn you... It's also mostly in the West Flemish dialect which is mutually unintelligible with Standard Dutch. Try watching it with Dutch subtitles though, it should be helpful to get used to different dialects and accents.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Iolanthe
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5460 days ago

410 posts - 482 votes 
Speaks: English*, DutchC1
Studies: Turkish, French

Message 43 of 151
15 February 2010 at 11:34pm | IP Logged 
Elvisrules, thanks for the list of Belgian films :D

Vos wrote:
Thanks for posting all those films elvisrules and Iolanthe. I'm in the search for some good Nederlands en Belgiƫ
films at the moment so they will definitely come in handy. Checked out my local foreign language store the
other day and they have a copy of Ex Drummer, and also the Dutch film De Tweeling, which i've read quite a few
good things about.

Glad to read that you're feeling more unbound in Nederland these days Iolanthe, it's always extremelly
frustrating when you know exacly what you want to say but can't express it right.

How's everything going with the Portugues? And are you using any learning Dutch books in your studies these
days? Or is the daily life in Nederland enough to keep you moving forward?

Hope all is well,
Vos

Portuguese isn't going very far since I found out I can follow spoken Dutch more easily now so I'm a lot more motivated with it. I think I'll just go slowly with Portuguese until I feel ready to switch my focus. The only book that I used consistantly for learning Dutch was Assimil. After that I bought a grammar book and read through it and now I just use native materials which is easy since they're everywhere around me. The only thing I do that's remotely like real studying is when I underline unknown words from articles and then put the words into Anki.

Ik moest vandaag een ziekenhuis afspraak maken. Ik moest met drie mensen spreken door de hele telefoon gesprek. Met de eerste persoon sprak ik in het Engels maar met de tweede en derde sprak ik in het Nederlands. Yay! Ik keek naar Alles Is Liefde vandaag. Het is ook een goede film maar anders van Nederlandse films die ik al gezien heb. Geen naakte vrouwen (maar wel een naakte man!), geen oorlog en geen kanker. Een vrolijke film! Je kunt het als de Nederlandse 'Love Actually' beschrijven maar ik vond Alles Is Liefde leuker dan Love Actually omdat het minder hoogdravendheid heeft. Ik keek ook naar de laatste episode van 71 Graden Noord (reality tv programma waarin bekende Nederlanders en Belgen moesten uitdagingen in Noorwegen afronden om 71 graden noord te bereiken). Een Nederlandse vrouw heeft gewonnen. Ze was behoorlijk optimistisch door de hele beproeving en ik denk dat dit haar het voordeel heeft gegeven.

Iolanthe
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5460 days ago

410 posts - 482 votes 

Message 44 of 151
17 February 2010 at 1:55am | IP Logged 
I'VE PASSED THE NT2 TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't quite believe it, I keep checking I put the exam number in the online results page correctly and asked my boyfriend to double check that I'd passed but it seems that I have :D:D:D:D I got the most points on the reading section and the least on the listening but they're all above the 500 points that you need to pass each section. YAY!!!!!!! Ik ben zo blij :D

Edited by Iolanthe on 17 February 2010 at 1:55am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Hobbema
United States
Joined 5560 days ago

541 posts - 575 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Portuguese, French, Dutch

Message 45 of 151
17 February 2010 at 4:11am | IP Logged 
Congratulatons, Iolanthe!

Iolanthe
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5460 days ago

410 posts - 482 votes 

Message 46 of 151
17 February 2010 at 2:20pm | IP Logged 
Thanks Hobemma! :D

I'm really surprised how low the standards are for the NT2 test. An American woman told me that she'd passed the NT2 test and it definitely doesn't mean you can speak Dutch. At the time I thought nooooo, the test is really hard but it seems you only need to be just on the border of B2 to pass. Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of myself but it seems I have higher standards for myself than the goverment has for me (since I can now apply to university courses taught in Dutch). There was another lady, Australian, who was actually more spontaneously fluent in speaking than me but the tutors of the goverment funded course she was on said she needed 18 months of classes until she could attempt the NT2 test! That seems so patronising, considering she's an anglophone and seemed very intelligent. That's why I couldn't stick to a course because my goal was to do it quicker than any course could teach me.

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5666 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 47 of 151
17 February 2010 at 2:29pm | IP Logged 
Hartelijk gefeliciteerd met de examensuitslag, Iolanthe!

Mijn vraag is heb je NT2 Programma I of NT2 Programma II gedaan? Ik heb in 2004 NT2 Programma II gedaan, dus het hogere examen wat toegang verleent tot de universiteiten in Nederland. Ook ik had de examensuitslagen in het interent opgeroepen, ze worden anoniem gepubliceerd, zodoende kun je het heel goed met de algemeenheid vergelijken.

Mijn uitslagen van 2004 waren:

luisteren: 572
spreken: 570
schrijven: 669
lezen: 658

Ik had me toen zonder cursus in zelfstudie met oude examenopgaven erop voorbereid, wat heel goed liep omdat ik al 25 jaar met het Nederlands bezig was.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 17 February 2010 at 2:31pm

This discussion contains 151 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version