Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5133 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 57 of 76
18 August 2011 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Speaking Farsi every day sounds great. I wish I had a similar opportunity!
1 person has voted this message useful

Élan
United States
Joined 5243 days ago

165 posts - 211 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Persian

Message 58 of 76
18 August 2011 at 12:59am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Speaking Farsi every day sounds great. I wish I had a similar opportunity!

It is fantastic! I would like to take on Spanish next, but I'm wondering how I'll ever manage to learn another language without a live-in partner.

Élan
United States
Joined 5243 days ago

165 posts - 211 votes 

Message 59 of 76
25 August 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged 
This week wasn't the best for studying but I have been busy with other things. I had a couple interviews (wish me luck) and I started a new web venture with my partner. I've spent the week thus far writing content and calling designers. Luckily, I haven't stopped speaking Persian with my husband. I also spent some time talking with my mother-in-law on the phone this weekend. My husband and I went to the zoo on Friday and did a Persian lesson there, so I was able to tell her about all the animals I saw and what they were doing.

Hope everyone else is having fun with their 6WC!

nogoodnik
United States
Joined 5368 days ago

372 posts - 461 votes 
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew, Russian, French

Message 60 of 76
27 August 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged 
O.K. so I am trying to catch up here. Your husband is Persian and his parents live in Iran but come to visit you guys?
You are so lucky! Persian has to be one of the most beautiful languages in the world. When I was living in Los
Angeles, I became friends with quite a few Persians and learned about their beautiful culture. I can't wait to hear
more stories and see your progress!

Élan
United States
Joined 5243 days ago

165 posts - 211 votes 

Message 61 of 76
27 August 2011 at 3:17pm | IP Logged 
Oh the story is more complicated than that! :P My husband is from Iran. At age 20, he moved from Iran to Malaysia to study. Some odd years later, he met me online and I moved to Malaysia to be with him. His parents came to visit us in Malaysia to meet me and say goodbye to their son since he had just gotten his visa and was about to move to the US with me. We now live in the US together and got married last month.

The culture is great and you can't beat marrying someone who speaks such a beautiful language! I would like to learn more languages in the future but I can't imagine it without a native speaker who lives with me . :P

nogoodnik
United States
Joined 5368 days ago

372 posts - 461 votes 
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Biblical Hebrew, Russian, French

Message 62 of 76
27 August 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged 
Wow that is awesome! I have really fond memories of those amazing new year celebrations! Have you been to Iran?
Do you plan to go?

Best of luck with your studies for the remainder of the year. I am also notorious for abusing my native speaker
friends of Russian and Hebrew when I have questions...I am surprised they still take my calls :)

Élan
United States
Joined 5243 days ago

165 posts - 211 votes 

Message 63 of 76
28 August 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged 
I have not been to Iran, but I'd love to. My husband can't go back to Iran because he never completed his military service. I guess he could go back to Iran, but couldn't leave until he did his time in the military! I know he would never let me go without him at this time. I really hope the political situation changes and I can visit. I miss my in laws and I have never even met my brother in law.

Luckily my husband has to answer my questions since we live together and he doesn't have a driver's license yet. He can't escape! :P He has been giving me short lessons lately, but we usually just speak Persian together for practice.

Thank you for dropping by! :) :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5133 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 64 of 76
06 September 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged 
Élan wrote:
I had a couple interviews (wish me luck) and I started a new web venture with my partner.    

Best of luck!

This discussion contains 76 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version